Book A Hertz Car Rental For Leisure
Are you ready for a much deserved vacation for you and/or your family? Book with Hertz to save money on leisure trips.
Government and military receive a specialized pre-populated CDP through Hertz.
The benefits of going with Hertz compared to other car rental providers include:
- Discounted rates for military personnel
- Space available upgrades
- Complimentary membership to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Please note that Hertz will request you to confirm military eligibility.
The simplest way is to bring a valid military ID or official documents to the pick up location.
Dont Miss: Rtc Jobs Las Vegas
Reduce The Size Of The Grey Fleet
The term grey fleet refers to business miles driven by employees in their own vehicles and then claimed back at a fixed mileage rate. It is called grey because the vehicles that fall under this category in many respects are a grey area of responsibility. Since there are no public numbers on the Governments grey fleet, we do not know its size. However, based on other governments experience, it is likely to be significant. The U.K. government has suggested its grey fleet constitutes 57% of its total road mileage.
A typical best practice in the corporate sector is to establish a policy where employees must use the least expensive travel option available, whether their own car or a rental. While the arithmetic may vary depending on the details, at the current Government of Canada kilometre reimbursement rate of $0.57, the break-even point is approximately 90 kilometres. Typically, corporate-sector businesses manage this expense through their travel policy and provide flexibility. For example, in the case of a 90 kilometre break-even, they may give employees the option to use a personal vehicle up to 130 kilometres a day.
Given the potential size and resulting cost of its grey fleet, we recommend that the Government of Canada establishes a policy that states that employees must use the least expensive travel option available â whether their own car, or a rental.
The Government of New Brunswick has had such a policy in place since 2006:
Hotel & Resort Discounts
Delta Hotels & Resorts: PSAC members are eligible for special rates at participating Delta Hotels & Resorts locations. Call 1-800-268-1133 or book online to receive a discount .
Choice Hotels: Choice Hotels is offering a discounted rate to Canadian federal government employees who are travelling on official business. Valid identification is required upon check-in . ServicePlus members can get 15% off select rooms at participating Choice Hotels locations .
International Hotel Group: Canadian government employees on official travel are eligible for discounted rates at select IHG Hotels. Bring valid photo ID upon check-in .
: Mariott on the Falls is offering special room rates to Canadian government employees when they call 1-800-618-9059 or book a reservation online .
: Municipal, provincial, and federal government employees are eligible for special rates at Novotel Ottawa when they book online. Call 230-3033 or 1-855-677-3033 .
Travel On Government Business
The National Joint Council Travel Directive provides for the reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred while travelling on government business.
The directive is co-developed by participating bargaining agents and public service employers. It applies to public service employees, exempt staff and other persons travelling on government business, including training.
When You Negotiate Competitive Rates Why Not Mandate Them
Government of Canada transportation needs are met by air, rail and its own departmental vehicle fleets. These fleets are supplemented by taxis and daily and long-term vehicle rentals. The total rental-car expenditure is unclear, but the Governments own numbers suggest that daily rental costs amount to about $35 to $40 million annually.
Accommodations and Rental Car Directory
Each year, Public Works and Government Services Canada issues two Requests for Standing Offers which the car rental industry responds to by providing fixed daily rental quotes for more than 200 locations across Canada. The qualified bids are ranked according to price and listed in the Accommodations and Rental Car Directory, available online to public servants and anyone else who wants to view the government rates . There have been a number of improvements in the directory in recent years and the industry bidding is now highly competitive. The rental-car industry is competing on price for each vehicle type in each community and airport location across Canada. Preparing these bids, evaluating them, and updating the directory represent a significant cost and effort by both the rental car industry and the Government.
The Government of Canada, despite the excellent work it has done on the directory, does not currently have a similar mandate in place. As a result, significant cost savings go unrealized.
You May Like: $7 000 Stimulus Check
Also Check: First Time Buyer Government Scheme
Dollar Rent A Car Military Discount
to jump to the discount details.
Dollar Rent A Car is a budget friendly car service that is based out of Estero, Florida. It is owned by Hertz Corporation.
Dollar Rent A Car features over 840 locations in the United States and Canada.
An additional 1,500 franchises operate in 70 different countries along with conjunction with Thrifty Car Rental.
Combined with other Hertz Corporation fleet, there are nearly 500,000 automobiles available for rent.
What discount do they offer?
Dollar Rent A Car features a five percent discount rate for active duty and retired military personnel.
Additionally, the company is a member of Veterans Advantage.
If you are a member you may receive even more savings for military personnel.
It does depend on the length of the trip, car desired, and other factors.
You can then enter your VetRewards CDP code at the time of online reservation.
How To Redeem The Dollar Rent A Car Discount
In order to receive the 5 percent discount all you need to do is provide a form of military identification when you go to check in.
Veterans Advantage works a little differently as you usually enter your ID number when booking the reservation online.
to start your reservation, theyll explain everything on that page.
Types Of Hertz Car Rental Rides
Hertz was named the Best Car Rental Company in the World in 2015 by both Business Traveler Magazine and Global Traveler Tested Reader Survey Awards.
There is reason why the car rental company received the accolade.
Hertz has more than 1,600 airport locations alone in the United States.
And thats not counting hundreds stand-alone branches. Or the thousands of locations scattered across the globe.
Hertz has an impressive fleet of car rentals. Some of the highlights:
- Hertz Green Traveler Collection: Eco-friendly hybrid cars and other rides with excellent fuel efficiency.
- Adrenaline Collection: Who doesnt want to cruise around a new place in a powerful, vintage ride? The Adrenaline Collection includes Ford Mustangs, Penske GT, and Z6 Chevy Corvettes.
- Prestige Collection: Luxury rides like the Mercedes E Class and Infiniti QX80 is available for those able to spend a little more on their next car rental.
Also Check: State Jobs In Las Vegas
Read Also: Government Grants For Commercial Real Estate
Best Military Discounts On Car Rentals
Most military members, family members, retirees and veterans who rent cars are traveling for personal reasons or leisure. The amount of military discount each car rental company offers varies depending on location and other circumstances. Be sure to check with the car rental company about their military discount before booking a car.
Does Enterprise Have Government Rental Car Rates
Enterprise is a participating vendor for the U.S. Government Car Rental Agreement. Federal government renters traveling on official government business receive rates and mileage packages that extend all the benefits of this agreement. In order to take advantage of their rates and benefits, a government employee must have the following account number attached to their reservation: FGORDRS.
In addition to official government rates, federal government renters also receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited mileage in the continental US
- Physical damage protection and 3rd party liability protection
- A full tank of gas upon pickup.
- U.S. government employees ages 18 or older will not incur a young driver surcharge when renting for authorized government travel.
The rules and procedures for government renters who are traveling on official government business are as follows:
- Renter must be 18 years of age or older.
- Renter must have a valid drivers license or military id.
- Renter must show the renting office his or her official orders or a government-issued credit card in order to receive this rate.
- Renter is required to pay a $5.00 per rental day GARS Fee.
Please note: Enterprise does not offer a Government Leisure Rate.
Also Check: Loss Of Governance In Cloud Computing
Commercial Car Rental Rates
MyGovTrip partners with online travel agencies that offer both domestic and international car rental companies. You can compare and save with just one click! Our partners are travel aggregators and metasearch engines who gather millions of rates from hundreds of car rental companies.
MyGovTrip makes it easy. Simply choose your destination and enter the date you want to pick the car up and your return date to see the lowest rates available for you trip. You can choose from a wide variety of options including car size and features.
- To simplify the booking process it is good to know the basic requirements for renting vehicles:
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Some companies have a minimum rate of age 21.
- A Young Renter Fee may apply.
- Insurance may a higher rate for ages 18-24.
On MyGovTrip you can Compare Rates Top brands, Save Big and Book your rental car!
Can I Modify Extend Or Cancel My Reservation
You can modify or cancel your reservation via our website or mobile app. We have extended our existing no-fee cancellation policy to include customers with pre-paid rentals booked directly through us. To extend your car rental, you can click Call to Extend Your Rental in our mobile app. You can also call your rental branch or 1-855-266-9565 to extend your reservation.
You May Like: Free Government Cell Phones For Seniors
Hertz Is Pleased To Be A Partner To The Government Of Canada In Providing Rental Vehicles For Employees Of The Federal Government
The Hertz program is focused on providing a wide range of vehicles along with negotiated rates and benefits under the Government of Canadas Standing Offer.
Employees of the provinces, ministries, and departments that fall under the Federal Government can access the following benefits with their rentals in Canada:
- Negotiated rates on a wide variety of vehicle types
- Unlimited Mileage
The CDP# should be used in all reservations to access the rates and benefits.
What Steps Are Being Taken To Clean Rental Cars
Each rental vehicle at Enterprise is thoroughly cleaned between every rental and backed with our Complete Clean Pledge. This includes washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading health authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points. We also extend the Complete Clean Pledge to our shuttles and neighborhood branches.
Frequently Asked Questions About Renting A Mercedes In Richmond Hill
1. Which car rental companies offer the best rates on Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
2. What are the highest review rated car rental companies that provides Mercedes or alternatives in Richmond Hill ?
3. How can I guarantee a Mercedes rental car model in Richmond Hill ?
4. What is the minimum age to rent a Mercedes in Richmond Hill ?
5. How can I find the best Mercedes deal at Richmond Hill ?
6. Can I pay for my Mercedes rental car with a debit card at Richmond Hill ?
7. Are other drivers allowed to drive my Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
8. Will my Mercedes car rental in Richmond Hill be fully insured for collision damage?
9. Can I pay for my Mercedes rental car with a debit card at Richmond Hill ?
10. Are other drivers allowed to drive my Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
11. Will my Mercedes car rental in Richmond Hill be fully insured for collision damage?
12. Can I pay for my Mercedes rental car with a debit card at Richmond Hill ?
13. Are other drivers allowed to drive my Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
14. Will my Mercedes car rental in Richmond Hill be fully insured for collision damage?
15. Can I pay for my Mercedes rental car with a debit card at Richmond Hill ?
16. Are other drivers allowed to drive my Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
17. Will my Mercedes car rental in Richmond Hill be fully insured for collision damage?
18. Can I pay for my Mercedes rental car with a debit card at Richmond Hill ?
19. Are other drivers allowed to drive my Mercedes at Richmond Hill ?
Book An Official Government Car Rental
Book an Offical Government Car Rental
Your Hertz Rental Car Discount Code will be pre-populated.
Hertz is pleased to be a partner to the Government of Canada in offering a full range of rental vehicles in Canada and the United States for travel authorized by Federal, Provincial, or Territorial Governments which is paid or reimbursed from public funds in accordance with Government Travel Policy.
Also Check: How To Make A Government Proposal
Clothing & Retail Discounts
Adidas: Government employees who are subscribed to ServicePlus can get up to 25% off their purchase at Adidas Canada .
: Canadian government employees can get a 10% discount on select apparel at Marks Work Warehouse when they sign up for ServicePlus .
The Brick: The Brick offers discounts on select furniture purchases to Canadian government workers who are members of the ServicePlus benefits program .
Other Tips On Saving Money With Dollar
Here are a couple of basic tips on car rental savings with Dollar Car Rental.
- Sign up for Dollar Express Rewards The main benefit is being able to skip the counter and go directly to the car.
- Dont rent from the airport if you can Those airport fees add up. They sneakily call it something ambiguous which is why youll see Ap Conc Fee Recov, Concessn Rec Srchg, and Trans Facility Fee.
- Week rentals sometimes cheaper than 5 or 6 days Discounts often kick in when you hit a full week so if youre close to that, try getting a quote for 7 days.
- Use credit card for car rental insurance Instead of purchasing LDW, leverage your credit card for insurance. Make sure you read your policy beforehand to know what and how youre covered. The best Canadian credit cards have insurance built in.
- Prepaying fuel is never a good idea Unless you think youre going to be in a crazy time crunch, always fill up the tank before you return the car. Even if they offer you a temping fuel plan, itll always be more expensive than you filling it up by yourself.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Government Freight Contracts
Usaa Is The Gold Standard For Military Discounts
The United Services Automobile Association is a financial services group with more than 13 million military members.
Service members and their immediate families can join USAA for free. Non-military folks can also join, but only service members can get car rental discounts. USAA rental car benefits are available at Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. This is a terrific membership for drivers under age 25 and renters who want to avoid additional driver fees.
In addition, reservations with the USAAs rate code have a $5,000 cap on financial responsibility for damage to the car. The rate code also waives Loss of Use charges.
The USAAs free-to-join membership program offers stellar car rental benefits.
When assessing military discounts for rental cars, its hard to beat USAA car rental discount. If you are a USAA member, make a quote request and then contact us so we can run the numbers to find the cheapest possible USAA rate.
Dollar Car Rental Corporate Codes
There arent that many corporate codes out there and so the list is limited.
The savings listed are either provided directly by Dollar but in the case where it isnt a clear cut, Ive calculated the discounts off of total price savings compared to how much it would cost without any codes.
Again, please read the disclaimer below on using corporate codes.
View all Dollar CDP Codes
Instant analysis of Dollar corporate codes: Remarkably, the Dollar CDP codes are quite average and many of them are similar. The one that stands out is CDP 3063724 at close to 70% off base rates.
Don’t Miss: North Las Vegas Government Jobs
Requirements For Military Discounts On Car Rentals
Requirements for military discounts include the usual car rental requirements: a valid drivers license, valid photo ID and a credit card. They also usually require military ID and, for those traveling as part of their official duty, a copy of their orders.
We are honored to support the military in a variety of ways, including discounted rates for official duty-related activities or personal travel needs, Scott said.
There is a distinction between the two. Car rental companies that offer military discounts for personal use may not offer them for official travel.
Government leisure travel military discounts are what all veterans and retirees, and most active-duty service members and their families, will be looking for.
Government leisure travel is off-duty travel for personal needs, whether its vacation, visiting family, a PCS or any other discretionary travel. Many car rental companies offer a discount based on the specifics of the travel, and will require some form of military ID.
Travel for official government business, including temporary duty, has different requirements. Discounts the Government Administrative Rate Supplement as well as per-mile fees, drop-off fees, one-way travel allowances, and more, are agreed to between the individual companies and the U.S. Department of Defense. Currently, 17 car rental companies have official travel agreements with the military.
These are requirements for those booking for official travel: