Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have additional data rights including:
Right to notice of collection
Weve provided details on what information is collected about you in Section 4 Information We Collect About You. However, to ensure compliance with CCPA, the following categories of information as defined by the CCPA have been collected over the past year:
- Direct identifiers such as your name, User ID, and email.
- Commercial information such as your transactions and purchases.
- Employment and education history information including when you submit a job application through our services or apply to a job at NEOGOV.
- Demographic data including your race, ethnicity, gender, marital status and any other demographic information requested by our Customers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity including your search history on our job board, analytics regarding your use, and device identifiers for location and security.
- Audio and electronic data including your signature and voice recordings collected with your consent while speaking to our support, sales, or product teams.
- Information inferred and derived from other categories to determine your preferences and trends.
Exploring Federal Internships And Careers
- List of federal occupations that are organized by specific college majors.
- Each occupation listed also includes a four-digit series code that can be used to search for job opportunities on USAJOBS.
- Provides a more in-depth glossary of information related to the various types of series codes that correspond to each family and group of occupations found within the federal government.
- Explore federal opportunities in a wide variety of career fields.
- Learn top agencies hiring for different career interests and series codes that can be used to search for jobs on USAJOBS.gov.
- Explore federal agencies rated Best Places to Work in the Federal Government by the nonprofit, nonpartisan Partnership for Public Service and Boston Consulting Group.
- Search by agency size or categories such as pay, support for diversity, and more.
The federal government offers a variety of internships for current students, and career development opportunities for recent graduates.
The Pathways program has three components:
Cookies And Similar Tracking Technologies Do Not Track
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser and device you use to access our Services. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Roles And Work Environment
Federal, State and Local Government or the public sector, as it is often referred to, offer a variety of jobs and opportunities. Roles in government are similar to the nonprofit and private sector in that many job titles that exist in these sectors also exist in government. What differentiates the public sector is that some positions within government are elected or appointment by someone in a leadership role. Below is a sampling of roles you might find:
Examples of Federal, State and Local Government Jobs:
- Administration and Program Management Specialist
- Budget Technician
- Safety and Occupational Health Specialist
- Volunteer Administrator
Want information about working on Capitol Hill or campaigns? Check out Politics, Policy and Lobbying.
Below is a list of a few departments and agencies where you might find opportunities. For a more extended list, check out our resources section below.
Examples of Federal Departments and Agencies:
- Check out USA.govs searchable database of all Federal Departments and Agencies or GoGovernment.org which houses career guides by fields within the federal government.
Examples of State Departments and Agencies in Virginia:
- Check out USA.govs searchable database of all State Agencies. Type in the name of a state and learn more!
Examples of Local Departments and Agencies:
- Check out USA.govs searchable database of all Local Governments. Select a state and learn more!
Advising On Federal Search
- Some elements of searching for a federal government internship or post-graduation job are the same as doing so in the private sector. Some elements are quite different.
- We advise both undergraduate and graduate students.
- We have advisors who are certified in federal job search, pictured below.
- To make an advising appointment to meet with a certified federal job search advisor: after you are in Handshake to schedule, you must choose “search for federal jobs / internships,” as your appointment type.
- We look forward to assisting you.
Also Check: 9 000 Grant From Government
Search For Jobs At A Specific Agency
Though most federal agencies post their jobs on USAJOBS, some post jobs on their websites. If you want to work for a specific agency, find its website through the A-Z Index of Government Agencies.
There is never an application fee or a testing fee to apply for a government or U.S. Postal Service job.
Your Rights And Control Under Eu Gdpr
Data Controllers and Processors
Lawful Basis for Processing.
For personal information subject to GDPR, we rely on multiple legal bases for processing, including:
- Consent .
- When processing is necessary to perform a contract .
- Legitimate business interests such as developing the Services, marketing new features or products, proper administration of our website and business, ensuring safety and security.
- Where necessary to protect vital or public interests.
- As required by law.
EU Data Subject Rights
Data subjects in Europe whose information we receive through appropriate safeguards have legal rights to determine whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. In particular, your rights may include:
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration. We do not currently sell personal information as defined under Nevada law. If you want to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at and include the words Nevada Rights in the subject line.
Federal Government Jobs In Virginia
- Oakton, VA
- 20 hours ago
- Arlington, VA
- $110,000 per year
- 2 days ago
- Reston, VA
- 3 days ago
- Vienna, VA
- 24 days ago
- Reston, VA
- 8 days ago
- 10 days ago
- Alexandria, VA
- 21 days ago
- Alexandria, VA
- 21 days ago
- Arlington, VA
- 24 days ago
- Alexandria, VA
- Washington DC
- 1 month ago
- Vienna, VA
- 6 hours ago
- Vienna, VA
- 3 months ago
- Herndon, VA
- $51,210 per year
- Just now
- Ashburn, VA
- $100,000-120,000 per year
- 3 hours ago
- Herndon, VA
- $51,210 per year
- 5 hours ago
Also Check: Government In America Ap Edition 17th Edition
Data Security And Integrity
We implement physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to maintain data accuracy, integrity, and security, prevent unauthorized access, and facilitate correct use of personal information. These safeguards include limiting access to data, storing personal information on secure servers and computers, encrypting personal information at rest and in transit, periodically testing our security technology, and training our employees in information security.
In addition, we seek to maintain contractual data security, confidentiality, and privacy obligations with our partners and vendors, and our employees that have access to personal information are subject to access, use, and confidentiality policies. Only authorized employees with a reasonable need related to their job duties have access to Customer and job seeker personal information. Employees who violate our policies are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Although we maintain the controls listed herein, transmission of data is not without risk and we complete security of your information cannot be guaranteed. Please note, you are responsible for keeping your username and password secret at all times.
In the event we believe the security of your personal information in our possession or control may be compromised, we may seek to notify you by e-mail and you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Our Use Of Your Information
We collect and process information in order to fulfill our contractual responsibility to deliver the Services, fulfill your requests, pursue our legitimate interests and our business and commercial purposes. Your information will only be collected and used for purposes stated herein, where you provide additional consent, or as required by law or regulation – including national security or law enforcement requirements. Our purposes for using your information, including over the past year, consist of the following:
We also use your information with your consent, including the following:
- make personalized recommendations of content and features
- to help others find your profile and make your profile viewable by potential employers and transfer your job applications to employers
- communicate with you and send you information as part of the Services regarding your requests for information, contests you entered into, newsletters and surveys, significant updates to the Services or policies, as well as relevant notifications regarding your account or job application, or the status of your background check or assessment. Please note, you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
Recommended Reading: What Does Being On The Government Watch List Mean
All Employees: Government: Federal Government In Northern Virginia Va Download
Data in this graph are copyrighted. Please review the copyright information in the series notes before sharing.
Units: Thousands of Persons, Seasonally Adjusted
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis seasonally adjusts this series by using the ‘statsmodel’ library from Python with default parameter settings. The package uses the U.S. Bureau of the Census X-13ARIMA-SEATS Seasonal Adjustment Program. More information on the ‘statsmodel’ X-13ARIMA-SEATS package can be found here. More information on X-13ARIMA-SEATS can be found here.Many series include both seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted data. Occasionally, updates to the data will not include sufficient seasonal factors to trigger a seasonal adjustment. In these cases, the NSA series will be updated normally but the SA series will also be updated with the NSA data. The NSA series can be located here here.Some seasonally adjusted series may exhibit negative values because they are created from a seasonal adjustment process regardless of the actual meaning or interpretation of the given indicator.”Northern Virginia, VA constitutes a significant percentage of the state’s total statewide employment. This series is calculated in addition to the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV ‘s statistics because of it’s importance to the state. For more details on non-standard area definitions, visit the additional resources of the Current Employment Statistics.
Fairfax County Career Pages
Welcome to Fairfax County’s job application process!
Apply for jobs by clicking on the job title you are interested in, then clicking the ‘Apply’ link. First-time users will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. Next, you can build an application by clicking the ‘Build Job Application’ link. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job.
**All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.**
Note: All fields must be completed on the application, to include work experience, duties and education. Blank fields, and/or initialed, or “See attached resume” in those fields will cause your application to be REJECTED. Resumes may be attached as supplemental information only. Your application is the primary tool used to evaluate your job qualifications.
Also Check: Does The Government Give Free Cell Phones
Information We Collect About You
We require certain personal information in order to provide you Services, automatically collect information during your usage, and collect other information about you from other sources. The information we collect depends on the context who you are in a given interaction and how you are using our services. In this Section we set out general categories of personal information and data we may collect and process.
Information Provided by You
We collect information from you directly when you visit our Services from either your computer, mobile phone, or other device. For example, certain information we collect is necessary to provide the Services to you or our Customers, such as the information collected with you create an account, submit a job application, or information used to interact with you regarding support or inquiries about our Services. We also collect information from you to register for text message or email communications, or when communicate through the Services. The categories of information we collect include the following:
Account Data. We may process your account data which may include your account credentials, email address, and account activity or other security related information.
Publication Data. We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our Services .
Resume Data. We collect information to evaluate you for a job opening with us, including your name, employment and education history, and references.
Department Of Veterans Affairs
VA Jobs / Veterans Depart. Summary / VA Agencies & Bureaus
The Department of Veterans Affairs employs 239,299 persons and operates programs to benefit veterans and their families with an annual budget of $97 billion. Benefits include disability compensation payments or death related to military service education pensions rehabilitation home loan guaranty burial and medical care programs incorporating nursing homes, clinics, and medical centers. The VA was established in 1989 and employs physicians, and all medical specialties under the VAs excepted merit system. This does not require civil service eligibility. VA Job listings follow:
Other major occupations include accounting, all B.S. and B.A. majors, architecture, business, computer science, engineering, law, statistics, and numerous administrative and clerical positions. There are hundreds of national Veterans Affairs facilities within the United States. Consult your local telephone directory for the facility nearest you or search the job lists that follow.
810 Vermont Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20420 Phone: 273-4900
Resumes And Cover Letters
First impressions are critical in the job search. Developing and executing the best documents possible will help to ensure that you put your best foot forward and increase the likelihood of progressing to an interview. Make sure to check out the Resumes and Cover Letters sections of the website for helpful advice and sample resumes and cover letters.
The Federal Resume is required for many positions in the federal government. Many government agencies utilize the platform usajobs.gov to post their opportunities. This website will allow you to create an account and within your account you can utilize their resume building tool to create your federal resume. For specific information on how to write federal resumes, check out the resources below.
The Insiders Guide to the Federal Resume & USAJobs.gov
Pro tip: Additionally, use the resume building tool within your usajobs.gov account to create a resume. Then print a copy of this resume and bring it to the Career Center to be reviewed by a counselor.