Does At& T Offer Free Government Phones
AT& T Mobility is the name of the wireless service provided by phone company giant AT& T . The company has been around for more than 100 years and while it doesnt offer a free government cell phone program, it does offer a Discount Lifeline program for needy Americans who can prove that they are eligible.
Free Or Low Cost Travel Deals For Seniors
If you love traveling and prefer historic tours, cruises, and mountain gateways then there is the best deal for you. There are various airlines and other ways mentioned below that can help you with your traveling expenses.
American Airlines Discounts for Seniors
If you travel with American airlines then you can save on international flights but this applies only to people who are 65 or more than that. One more thing is that discounts may vary according to the bookings.
Which Phones Can You Receive
Depending on which carrier you choose to use will depend which cell phone can be offered. But here are some basic models which you can receive.
TruConnect Customers: For example if youre a TruConnect government cell phone plan recipient yo can pick from such smart phones like:
- NUU A3: Android powered smartphone which features a 3.2 megapixel camera, swivel screen and a full physical keyboard.
- ZTE Warp Elite N9518: Gives users a full 3G smartphone experience by featuring a slide out QWERTY keyboard and 5MP camera.
- Samsung Galaxy J3: Great for seniors due to its compact size, touchscreen and physical buttons. To receive this phone you may have to pay a little extra as its a premium phone.
Don’t Miss: Government Grants For Auto Repair
Senior Cell Phones: Do You Need One
A senior cell phone plan will give you extra discounts and savings from major wireless carriers if youre over the age of 55. And with an AARP membership, you can also save on phone plans if youre over 50 years old.
If youre unsure whether a senior cell phone plan is right for you or are too young to qualify, there are plenty of other affordable cell phone plans that can still give you the features you need at the price you wanteven if they arent designed specifically for seniors.
Understanding whats important to you and how you use your cell phone will get you one step closer to choosing the best phone plan for you.
Free Cell Phones For Seniors Lifeline Assistance Programs
The state provides low-income senior citizens with free cell phones. Seniors can stay in touch with friends and family by using free cell phones. Furthermore, free cell phones provide them with immediate access to emergency medical care. Seniors can also have fun with free mobile phones.
Seniors may qualify for the Lifeline Aid Program in two ways:
- Depending on their income Seniors have earnings at or under 135 percent of the Government Poverty Guidelines.
- Engage in state assistance
If a senior citizen or a family member is currently getting benefits from a government aid program, they are eligible for a free mobile phone. In addition, free phone service is provided monthly. Among the governments assistance programs are:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Food Stamps
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Don’t Miss: Can You Refinance Government Student Loans
Lifeline Assistance For Senior Citizens
Lifeline Assistance is a reliable way for senior citizens to lay their hands on a phone. The program, which started in 1985, aims to provide all Americans with opportunities to communicate. For senior citizens, it makes it possible for them to contact emergency services, family members, and friends.
Through Lifeline Assistance, seniors can get a free phone and a free or subsidized phone plan. However, it’s not available to all senior citizens, and those getting a phone have to qualify. Details of free cell phone plans vary depending on your state.
You can get Verizon free government phones in two main ways:
How Do Seniors Get Free Cell Phones
The Lifeline Assistance Program is one of your best bets for getting free cell phones for seniors. If you qualify for Medicaid or are part of other government-related programs, then you may be able to receive free smartphones and monthly plans as well.
As a government-sponsored program, Lifeline Assistance seeks to provide low-income individuals and seniors with free cell phones. In addition to this, you can also get free cell phone plans monthly, that give you minutes, messages, and data. Aside from Medicaid, if you qualify for the following kinds of government assistance, then you can likely get free phones and plans:
- Food Stamps
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Supplementary Security Income
You May Like: Government Grants For Health And Fitness
Phone Plans Designed For Seniors
Some wireless service carriers have cell phone plans specifically designed for seniors who use their phones more sparingly than younger generations.
Here are a few examples of plans available at the time this article went live:
- T-Mobiles Unlimited 55+ Plan 2 lines with unlimited text, talk, and LTE data for $70 a month
- AT& Ts Senior Nation Plan 200 anytime minutes, 500 night and weekend minutes, and unlimited mobile-to-mobile minutes for $29.99 a month
- Plans starting at 200 minutes for $14.99 a month, along with affordable text and data add-ons
When shopping around for mobile services, make sure to ask about any cell phone deals for seniors.
You may be able to choose a plan that better meets your needs while getting a great price!
Verizon Free Government Phones For Senior Citizens Providers
You can only get a free Verizon phone from dedicated Lifeline Assistance providers. A Lifeline Assistance provider may operate in only one state or the entire country. Examples of national providers include Verizon Wireless, Assurance Wireless, and SafeLink Wireless. You may also get a Verizon free phone from a regional Lifeline provider.
Of course, Lifeline providers do not come the same. Some offer free phones for senior citizens and unlimited data, tests, and minutes. Apart from flip phones, senior citizens can also get Android smartphones.
Recommended Reading: Government Housing Loans For Single Moms
Free Cell Phone For Disabled On Social Security
There are two types of social security programs. The social security disability insurance program and the supplementary security income program.
1. The Supplementary Security Income Program
This is a federal program that is set aside to help not only the disabled but also the elderly. The program provides help to the disabled who have never worked before due to their disability state. It provides free cellphones to low-income disabled adults, low-income disabled children, and low-income seniors that are above 65 years of age. The members of this program are also eligible for other programs like the Medicaid federal program the food stamps program among others.
2. The Social Security Disability Insurance Program
Unlike the supplementary security income program, this program benefits only the disabled. It provides food, housing, clothing and free cellphones to the disabled who were working before but stopped because of their condition. To fill for this program, an applicant is required to fill an application form with all the correct personal details and relevant details on your previous employment.
Best Cell Phone Plans For Seniors In 2022
According to Pew Research, 97 percent of people 50 and older own a cell phone. Among this group, a large majority own a smartphone however, service for these devices can be expensive, costing upwards of $70 per month.
The best phone for seniorsis meaningless without an equally useful cell phone plan, so we found 11 senior cell phone plans that offer affordable service for older adults.
Also Check: Are There Any Government Programs For First Time Home Buyers
Calfresh / Food Stamps / Snap
Program Approval Letter, Benefit Statement, or Verification of Coverage Letter, should contain the following basic information:
- Name of the program,
- Current participation status
Eligibility Screenshot or printout from an online portal or website tool, should contain the following basic information:
- Name of the program or state equivalent,
- Name of the beneficiary,
- Current participation status
Due to sharing many of the same eligibility requirements those currently enrolled in the lifeline program may qualify for The Affordable Connectivity Program also.
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Program participation documents.
- Another official document evidencing the consumer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return.
- 3 consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs.
- Social Security benefits statement. Veterans Administration benefits statement.
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement.
- Divorce decree or child support document.
- Unemployment/Workers’ Compensation benefits statement.
Qualifying For Free Cell Phones For Seniors
So, how can seniors qualify for a free cell phone? The eligibility requirements vary slightly from state to state. This variance is due to the fact that each state has a role in administering the free cell phone program. Therefore, each state can set its own rules when it comes to eligibility requirements. Since the program is designed to help low-income senior citizens gain access to a phone, there is one eligibility requirement that is basically the same across all states. If your income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines, you will qualify for free phone service.
In addition to the income guidelines above, you might also qualify if you participate in one of several government assistance programs. If you receive benefits from any of the following benefit programs, there is a good chance that you will qualify for a free phone.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
In addition to the federal government programs above, you might also qualify if you receive assistance from any state programs. Each state has its own rules about which benefit programs will qualify you for the Lifeline assistance program.
Read Also: Government Help For Single Mothers
What Phones Are Free From The Government
If you want to know the type of phones that are free from the government then read the answer. There are various programs through which the government of The United States offers free cell phones to needy people. One of the best programs includes Lifeline assistance. The Lifeline Assistance Program offered various phones to help seniors including GCI, Assurance Wireless, Infiniti Mobile, Feelsafe Wireless, Easy Wireless, Copper Valley Telecom, Context Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and so on.
What Exactly Is Medicare
Medicare is distinct from Medicaid, but they are so similar that they are easily confused. Both, however, are federal programs that assist people in paying for health care. Medicaid is a state-run program, whereas Medicare is a federal-run program.
Medicare, the federal health program, focuses on the elderly. It also serves the needs of persons with disabilities. They may be eligible for Medicare regardless of their income. Its cost is determined by the insurance plan you select.
It would be best if you met one of the following criteria to be eligible for Medicare:
- People over the age of 65
- Disabled citizens under the age of 65
- End-Stage Renal Disease patients. These individuals have chronic kidney failure and require a transplant or dialysis.
You might still be qualified if you meet the following criteria:
- If you have been diagnosed with Lou Gehrigs disease
- If you receive a disability allowance from Railroad Retirement Board
- If you have been getting Social Security payments for 24 months.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Government Cash Assistance
Lifeline Assistance Application Process
Below is a guideline of the complete application process that a seniors should go through when applying for free phones.
- Choose the best lifeline service carrier in your residential area. To know your states lifeline carrier,visit lifelinesupport.org and enter your zip code. You can also visit their physical offices to find out your states lifeline provider.
- From your preferred company, fill the lifeline application form. In the form, include your official name, age, address, social security number, previous years income and membership certificate of any government aid .
- After submission, lifeline will prove eligibility and send your free phone in the mentioned address.
Can You Get A Free Phone With Medicare
Yes, you can get a free phone with Medicare but only if you are a participant in the Medicare program. Medicare is a program that can help seniors and disabled people to get free cell phones and through which you can reduce your buying cost. If you want to know more about the Medicare program and want to get a free phone with Medicare then you can visit their official website or the local office that may present in your locality.
You May Like: Where Can I Get Government Phone
Motorola Moto G Stylus
With the Motorola Moto G Stylus, you get a 6.4-inch display that’s big enough for work, play, and entertainment. It also features dual-stereo speakers for the best possible audio. Furthermore, it has a clear 48MP triple-camera system to take great photos of pets, family, and friends.
It comes with an integrated stylus that makes it easier for you to write long-hand instead of typing. If you choose to buy the phone in cash, you’ll pay $249.99. it can work well with any of Verizon’s unlimited plans.
What Exactly Is Social Security And How Does It Work
Social Security provides you with a source of income once you retire or become disabled. In addition, the program can provide payments to your closest dependents in the event of your death. Social Security Disability Insurance is for those who have been handicapped after accumulating Social Security work credits.
Also Check: Government Rate Hotels Albuquerque New Mexico
What Freebies Do I Get At 60
The freebies that you may get at the age of 60 are mentioned Like, Ride the rail, Iceland Over-60s Discount, More points at Boots, Movie Savings, Free TV, Cheaper Haircuts, Free Bus Pass etc. To make sure that you dont miss out on any of the freebies, the complete list of various great freebies and discounts is attached here. So, before buying or booking anything you have to check the discounts that you may get.
How We Chose The Best Free Phones For Seniors
Not all carriers offer the same free phone. The variety of brands and models to choose from can make your head spin. After extensive research, our team zeroed in on the best free phones for seniors. The criteria used to evaluate which no-cost phones made it onto our list include the availability of senior-friendly features, customer perks, and carrier reputation and reliability.
Pro Tip: Having a hard time deciding the type of phone that meets your needs? Head over to our best cell phones for seniors list for the lowdown on the pros and cons for various makes and models.
Don’t Miss: Money For Homeschooling From The Government
How To Get Free Sky Devices On A Government Tablet
When you can prove yourself according to the requirements then you may get the advantage of discounts. Various businesses use the honor system and some other businesses may need proof of age or a membership card. The best discount clubs from which you can get discount for the seniors and they are considered as worth joining and getting benefits are as follows:
Seniors Who Can Apply Free Cell Phones Are
As stated earlier, not all senior qualify to get free cellphones from the government. To apply free cellphone, seniors should be:
- 65 years of age and above.
- Should have no retirement benefits, no income or earn 135% below the federal poverty guidelines.
- Should be disabled with no work experience as a result of your disability. Nevertheless, you should not be receiving any disability benefit.
- Should be an active member of at least one government aid program.
You May Like: Government Assistance Programs For Utilities
Get Free Cellular Coverage
Dont qualify for the Lifeline program? Dont worry just yet. You should know that there other options out there for you.
If you are tired of overpaying every month, consider using a mobile phone service called FreedomPop that is disrupting the smartphone game by providing free cell phone service. Seniors can start saving hundreds of dollars a year on phone service if they are not covered under the Lifeline program.
In fact, data has shown people who ditch their expensive smartphone giants save about $1,400 annually. So what is FreedomPop?
FreedomPop is a mobile virtual network operator that relies on towers from big players like AT& T, Sprint and T-Mobile to ensure reliable nationwide coverage and offers it for free.
With Sprint service, people are paying $60 per month for unlimited service. With the same nationwide coverage as Sprint, people are saving big when switching over to FreedomPops $19.99 per month, unlimited talk, text, and 1GB data plan.
Disrupting the mobile phone space means more than cutting the cost of service. There are also no lengthy contracts, generous 90-day warranties, and a completely free monthly service for people who prefer smaller plans. This is one of the most generous plans for people who are looking to access the internet legally for free.
Other cheap cell phone providers include Tello Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Republic Wireless, Credo Mobile, Boost Mobile, and Ting.
How To Apply For Free Cell Phones For Seniors In California On Airtalk Wireless
AirTalk Wireless website makes it easy for seniors as well as anyone to apply for a free smartphone through Lifeline and ACP programs. To apply for these fantastic benefits, follow the steps below:
- Visit airtalkwireless.com. Then, click on the Apply button on the homepage.
- Enter your email address and zip code.
- Fill out the online application form by entering your information and uploading your supporting documents on AirTalk Wirelesss website and through the National Verifier.
- After that, you will be redirected back to the AirTalk website to select your free phone. AirTalk offers a wide range of 4G/5G smartphones from the brands listed above and more! Customers also can select a higher-end model for up to 80% off!
- Once your application is approved, your device will ship within 7-10 business days.
You May Like: What Do Government Contractors Do