Vi Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act applies. The rule contains information collection requirements. The Office of Management and Budget has cleared this information collection requirement under OMB Control Number 9000-0185, titled: Commercial and Government Entity Code. In response to the notice of proposed rulemaking and the request for comment on the burden estimates, one respondent did question the burden estimates. The respondent indicated that the rule adds additional costs to the process not recognized in the rule. This relates to usability issues with SAM. The respondent indicated that, as a pilot, industry conducted hierarchy assessment and this took well over an hour without the additional revalidations required by SAM. The respondent requested that the FAR Council republish the rule for public comment after clarifying the issues raised.
2. Amend section 1.106 in the table following the introductory text, by adding in sequence, FAR segments â52.204-16â, â52.204-17â, and â52.204-18â and the corresponding OMB Control Number â9000-0185â.
Beware Of Companies Selling Sam Registration
Each year, hundreds of small businesses are convinced to spend money with a vendor promising online SAM registration and will help you get a CAGE code.
Some vendors even use scare tactics such as telling you the task is highly detailed, or a cumbersome registration process, or that you just dont have the time to learn the procedures.
The fact is, only you should fill out the SAM registration and along the way get your CAGE code. If you cannot complete the SAM registration process, then you really need to rethink selling to the federal government.
Selling to and supporting federal government agencies is detailed and regulation driven. Its no harder than anything else you had to learn but will take some time.
Keep your $500-1,000 instead of paying to have someone to register you in SAM and help you get a CAGE code. Spend it on web design.
If you have questions, talk to one of the many free resources available to you, e.g., Small Business Development Center, Womens Business Center, Procurement Technical Assistance Center, etc. They all offer their help with SAM registration at no additional cost.
I created a very detailed, free course on registering in SAM, getting your CAGE code, and getting started in federal contracting. It is a free course designed specifically to give you the start I wish I had when I started my small businesses years ago.
How Do I Get A Cage Code Samgov
To get your CAGE code, register at SAM.gov. This registration does not require you to have a CAGE code, only a DUNS number. After your System for Award Management registration completes, the SAM will transfer your entity information to the DLA. The DLA then assigns a CAGE code to your organization. No further actions from your side are needed after that. Obtaining a CAGE code is free of charge, and is fairly easy to do.
Important: the mere fact that your business has been assigned a CAGE code does not guarantee you any GSA contracting awards or further sales to the government. Having a CAGE code is like having a key, but you still need to find a door and open it.
Read Also: Entry Level Government Jobs San Diego
Cage Code Registration And Status Check
Registering in SAM for a CAGE Code is mandatory if you wish to sell directly to the federal government.
To get registered in SAM and get a CAGE Code, go to www.sam.gov
- If you don’t have an account with SAM.gov, you must create one
You can check the status of your CAGE Code and get detailed information about CAGE Codes here
What Is A Cage Code
A CAGE code is a five digit alpha numeric identifier which is assigned to suppliers of various Governmental agencies. Basically, if your company or entity wants to do business with the Government, you must have a CAGE code. CAGE codes are also used internationally under the NATO Codification System and are referred to as NCAGE Codes.
CAGE codes are used in many functions of Government agencies. They can be assigned to a National Stocking Number , which is another term for “part number”, and thus helpful for Government buyers when sourcing supplies, parts, services, etc.. They can also be used by Contractors when bidding Government Solicitations. The Government requires that the true manufacturer name be disclosed in the Contractors’ bid submission. The Contractor navigates to our site, enters the Manufacturer name into our Search, and the matching CAGE code is output. This CAGE code is then entered into the Contractors’ bid submission.
If you do not have a CAGE code, you can navigate to the DLA’s website to request a CAGE code.
Also Check: Low Cost Government Health Insurance
Iv Executive Orders 12866 And 13563
Executive Orders 12866 and 13563 direct agencies to assess all costs and benefits of available regulatory alternatives and, if regulation is necessary, to select regulatory approaches that maximize net benefits . emphasizes the importance of quantifying both costs and benefits, of reducing costs, of harmonizing rules, and of promoting flexibility. This is not a significant regulatory action and, therefore, was not subject to review under section 6 of E.O. 12866, Regulatory Planning and Review, dated September 30, 1993. This rule is not a major rule under 5 U.S.C. 804.
Commercial And Government Entity Code
The Commercial and Government Entity Code, or CAGE Code, is a unique identifier assigned to suppliers to various government or defense agencies, as well as to government agencies themselves and various organizations. CAGE codes provide a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location.
CAGE Codes are used internationally as part of the NATO Codification System , where they are sometimes called NCAGE Codes.CAGE codes are referenced in various databases of the NCS, where they are used along with the supplier’s part number to form a reference which is held on the National Stock Number record. This reference enables users of the NCS to determine who supplies any given part.
The information associated with the entities – name, address, phone numbers, etc. – is catalogued in the H4 and H8 Handbooks. The National Codification Bureau of each NATO or NATO-sponsored Nation is responsible for maintaining the CAGE code information for entities in these respective countries. There are on the order of 3 million entities in this catalog, of which around 2.6 million are US entities.
Within the US, any organization wishing to be a supplier to the DoD is issued a CAGE Code by Defense Logistics Information Service , the organization serving as the US NCB. An entity issued a CAGE code must renew it every five years.
Read Also: Government Assistance For Elderly In Home Care
Commercial And Government Entity Codes
A Commercial and Government Entity Code is a five-digit identifier assigned to a business by the Department of Defenses Defense Logistics Agency which allows the business to sell goods and services to the federal government. More than 1.9 million businesses are represented by CAGE codes internationally. The CAGE code identifies a business, or its subsidiary, at a specific location. CAGE codes are assigned in the System for Award Management , created in 2012. The CAGE code is used in government systems awarding contracts, purchasing, or for security purposes.
Also Check: City Of Las Vegas Government Jobs
Should You Be Us Based To Get A Code
No. Organizations need not be US based or domestic to be awarded a CAGE Code. It is a fact that many foreign companies have CAGE Codes because not all American companies can supply all the needs of the federal government.
CAGE Codes assigned to companies based abroad have a different identifier, when compared to US based contractors. Foreign companies are identified through the NCAGE signifier. It is an acronym for NATO Commercial and Government Entity.
You May Like: Data Governance Policies And Procedures
Why Should You Do That
Your company will need a CAGE Code if you wish it to be awarded contracts from the federal government.
CAGE is an acronym for Commercial and Government Entity Code. It is a 5-digit number that will be assigned to your organization when you desire to compete for federal government projects.
Your CAGE Code will enable you to access various acquisition and procurement procedures when you bid for the projects.
Cage Code Registration By Mail
Send DD Form 2051 to DLIS CAGE Code OfficeDLA Logistics Information Service ATTN: DLA LIS-LAC Hart-Dole-Inouye Federal Center74 North Washington
Disclaimer: AcqNotes is not an official Department of Defense , Air Force, Navy, or Army website. Any information, products, services or hyperlinks contained within this website does not constitute any type of endorsement by the DoD, Air Force, Navy or Army. No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. The information contained in this Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a form of direction or advice and should not be relied upon as a complete definitive statement in relation to any specific issue. Access to and use of the information of this website is at the users risk.
Also Check: Grant Writing For Government Agencies
When Do Cage Codes Expire
CAGE codes expire every five years based on the last time you updated your entity registration in the System for Award Management tool.
If you update your SAM profile annually, youll automatically be renewing your CAGE code information.
Your CAGE code does not have an expiration date if your company received its CAGE code before August 26, 2016.
Unique Entity Id Transition Information
- The process to get a Unique Entity ID to do business with the governmentchanged.
- The definition of entity uniqueness did not change.
Change can be confusing and frustrating. To make the change easier, we shared information about the changes and transition plan.
During the transition, we:
- Phased out the DUNS Number as the official identifier for doing business with the federal government.
- Introduced a new Unique Entity ID, generated in the System for Award Management , as the official identifier for doing business with the government.
- Made it easier to get a Unique Entity ID to do business with the government.
- Transitioned to a new service provider to validate entity uniqueness.
Don’t Miss: Free Government Job Training Programs
Cage Code Lookup By Code
InPut your CAGE code Number in field and click submit
Data of CAGE code Lookup by code:
- CAGE Code : The commercial and government entity code of company/organization.
- Company Name : Company name of cage code lookup.
- Address : companys address.
- Type Code : type of company.
How is a Cage Code Used?Any organization seeking after business with the Federal Government, should have a CAGE code. It upholds an assortment of obtainment and procurement processes all through the U.S. Government.
Confine codes are additionally utilized external the United States and its domains under the NATO Codification System and are alluded to as NATO Commercial and Government Entity, NCAGE Codes. Track down more data on the best way to acquire NCAGE codes here.
C Changes To Far Part 52
1. A new provision, FAR 52.204-16, Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting, has been added, providing information on obtaining CAGE codes and requiring offerors to provide their CAGE codes.
2. A new provision, FAR 52.204-17, Ownership or Control of Offeror, requires the offeror to identify if it is owned by another entity and, if so, to provide the legal name and CAGE code of such entity.
3. A new clause, FAR 52.204-18, Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance, provides instructions to contractors to maintain accurate CAGE information in the CAGE file and to inform their contracting officers if their CAGE codes change.
4. The rule also amends the FAR provision 52.204-8, Annual Representations and Certifications, by including the new provision 52.204-17, Ownership or Control of Offeror.
5. The rule also amends the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and CertificationsâCommercial Items, by including definitions and ownership representations.
You May Like: City Jobs In Las Vegas
You May Like: Us Government Polygraph Training Program
For Us Located Sam Registrants:
You do not need to have a CAGE Code prior to registering in the System for Award Management . Once you submit your Entity Registration for processing, SAM will send your entity information to the DLA for CAGE Code assignment. Once the DLA assigns the CAGE Code, SAM will receive and apply the code to the Entity Registration.
If the DLA needs any additional information for the assignment of your CAGE code, your Government Business Point of Contact will receive an email notification from the DLA. Please follow the instructions in the email to provide any requested information.
Explore Cage Code Lookup For Nsn Manufacturers
CAGE Code parts are in stock and ready to ship from ASAP Aero Supplies. Commercial and Government Entity codes, or CAGE codes, are an important identifier within the federal government. They are a five-character ID number used to support mechanized systems throughout the government and provide a standard method for the identification of a given entity and their specific location. CAGE codes are assigned by the Defense Logistics Agency and are recognized by such organizations as the Department of Defense, NASA, and members of NATO. Before doing business with the government or NATO, each company and corporation is required to have a unique CAGE code.
CAGE Code Lookup toolCAGE Code parts manufacturers
- Showing Page 1 of 119
Recommended Reading: St Louis City Government Jobs
Commercial And Government Entity Code Information
A Changes To Far Part 4
1. FAR 4.1202. A new provision for ownership or control of offeror is added to the list of representations and certifications under FAR 4.1202.
2. Addition of FAR subpart 4.18, Commercial and Government Entity Code. A new subpart is added to include scope, policy, and definitions for the subpart. Offerors are required to provide their CAGE codes to the contracting officer, to represent if they are owned by another entity, and, if so, give the legal name and CAGE code for the entity, unless a condition listed at FAR 4.605 applies and the acquisition is funded by an agency other than DoD or NASA. The subpart also gives instruction to contracting officers to verify the CAGE codes provided.
3. A definition of âCommercial and Government Entity codeâ is provided. The definition encompasses both the CAGE code for entities located in the United States or its outlying areas, and the NCAGE code if the code is assigned by a NATO Codification Bureau or NATO Support Agency .
4. The rule includes definitions of âhighest-level ownerâ and âimmediate owner.â The intent behind defining âownershipâ is to describe how entities relate to one another in terms of their hierarchical relationships. The final rule established the definitions as follows:
5. The term âbusiness entityâ was revised to the term âentityâ throughout the rule. In this context, the term âentityâ means a âlegal entityâ, such as those entities listed at FAR 4.102.
You May Like: Government Grants For Small Businesses Owned By Minorities
Why Do You Need A Cage Code As A Gsa Schedule Contractor
As mentioned before, obtaining a CAGE code is a prerequisite for selling to the government. Your CAGE Code supports the procurement and acquisition processes. In addition to being used here in the U.S., CAGE Codes are used internationally through the NATO Codification System . This could be useful if youre a company that sells products internationally.
If you need help finding your CAGE Code or if you need help with any other requirements in the GSA Schedule acquisition process, reach out to one of our consultants! Our consultants are well-versed in the government contracting world, and are always here to help you acquire a GSA Schedule contract and help you maintain it.
About Carter Bowman
At Winvale, Carter is involved with both the Business Development and Consulting departments where he assists with blog writing, analytical research and marketing for program initiatives and events. While assisting different Winvale teams, Carter has helped draft summaries and reports, worked on a variety of marketing strategies, and contributed to the daily needs and responsibilities of his team members.
3951 Westerre Parkway, Suite 250Richmond, VA 23233
A Summary Of Significant Changes
1. Modification of the definitions within the new provision at 52.204-17 âownerâ has been deleted and the definitions of âimmediate ownerâ and âhighest-level ownerâ clarified so thatâ
a. Ownership is defined as having ownership or control, and the definition of immediate owner includes examples of the indicators of control and
b. An immediate owner has at most one highest-level owner.
2. Direction was added to paragraph of the provision to enable offerors comprised of more than one entity, i.e., joint ventures, to respond appropriately.
Read Also: How To Find If Government Owes You Money