Arkansas Market Rate Review
DCCECE seeks to increase the quality of care provided throughout the state without harming the financial well-being of child care businesses. On their behalf, independent evaluators at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences prepared a series of cost models to identify impacts of potential regulatory and policy changes.
Benefits Of Becoming Licensed
Providers are eligible for more funding programs
Becoming licensed makes a provider eligible for:
Families may be eligible for higher Affordable Child Care Benefit rates
The Affordable Child Care Benefit helps families with the cost of child care, depending on factors like family size, type of care and household income. Families with children attending licensed settings may be eligible for a higher benefit rate than in unlicensed child care settings.
Providers can care for more children
Unlicensed child care providers are allowed to care for up to two children who are not related to them. By becoming licensed these providers may care for up to seven children under a Family Child Care licence.
How Fees Will Be Reduced
In step one of this 4-year plan, all parents of children not yet in kindergarten will pay reduced child care fees in 2022. By 2025-26, parents will pay, on average, $10 a day per child.
Fees will be reduced in 2 ways:
Families will now benefit from both affordability grants and subsidies and will pay less overall. How much less you pay will depend on the age of your child and your family income. The total amount you will pay will vary depending on the fees your child care provider charges.
If you are already receiving subsidy, you are already on your way to paying much lower fees. In January, you may find your funding looks a bit different because of the combination of grants and subsidy, but you will still be paying less overall for your licensed child care.
The combined benefits of affordability grants and subsidies should be considered when estimating your new costs.
Read Also: Grant For Dental Implants For Seniors
Description Of The Funding
Early Learning and Child Care Innovation is to support organizations exploring new ideas to maximize innovative practices in ELCC services across Canada.
We will fund ELCC program and service delivery projects that:
- explore new ideas to maximize innovative practices in ELCC services across Canada
- support emerging needs and preparedness activities as a response to the pandemic
Send In Your Application
Save a copy of the grant application form for your records. Then send it using one of the following methods:
You May Like: Free Government Phones In Las Vegas
Michigan’s Child Care Stabilization Grants
Child care providers are heroes. We are grateful for the work you do for our children and communities. This fall, the Legislature passed, and Governor Whitmer signed a budget that includes over $700 million in grant funding to support child care providers like you.
These funds are available to help keep your doors open and focus on what matters most-supporting kids and families.
This website provides all the information you need to apply for the Child Care Stabilization Grant, track your expenses, and make investments in your program and facility.
Translated versions of downloadable materials on this page are available in Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Kinyarwanda, and Spanish. to request translated materials.
Eligible And Ineligible Expenses
Funding eligible under the HSG 2022 is specifically applied to:
Health and Safety Supplies
- Personal Protective Equipment – face masks, face shields and gloves
- Cleaning supplies for people – hand soap, hand sanitizer, hand towels
- Cleaning supplies for the facility brooms, mops, detergents/soap, bleach, sanitizers for hard or soft services, or other disinfectants
- Sleeping supplies including bedding, cots and cribs or sleeping mats
- Some large and small appliances: washers/dryers, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, ceiling fans
- Outdoor equipment such as tents, awnings, umbrellas or strollers
- Some costs related to minor facility renovations such as adding sinks or hand washing stations, items to support increased physical distancing during drop-off or pick-up
- Some costs related to major facility renovations such as adding an HVAC system, renovating spaces to allow for increased physical distancing during drop- off or pick-up
- Organization tools: bins for storing childrens items separately, hooks, cubbies
- Increasing staffing complement including staff hours for additional cleaning
- Backfilling temporary sick leaves
HSG 2022 will provide $160 multiplied by the Facilitys Maximum Capacity for the month of January 2022, as outlined in Schedule A of their 2021/22 CCOF or Prototype Site Funding Agreement.
Examples of Funding:
A licensed group child care provider funded under CCOF has a maximum capacity of 10.
- $160.00 x 10 = $1,600.00
Read Also: Federal Jobs Kansas City
Information About Myalberta Digital Id
MyAlberta Digital ID is your single, verified online identity for interacting with Government of Alberta online programs and services. It is free to create and gives you secure access to apply for child care subsidy.
MyAlberta Digital ID allows you to start an application for child care subsidy, stop, and then come back to it later. If you are in the middle of an application or need to submit documents, simply log back in to continue and upload your documents.
During the application process, you will be required to create a MADI account.
Arpa Emergency Funding Was Fundamental To Stabilizing The Child Care Sector
Short-term federal support provided by the ARPA gave states the resources they needed to meet the demands of their respective child care sectors, particularly through advancing equity initiatives to support marginalized communitieswho have often been most affected by the pandemics negative impacts on health outcomes, economic security, and child care coverage. State leaders used innovative strategies, including partnerships with local advocacy and referral groups, to accelerate the distribution of funds to child care centers and to extend CCDBG offerings to more eligible families. These ARPA dollars enabled states child care sectors to stabilize their budgets, maintain staffing, and increase supply. Such relief was essential as the mounting pressures of the pandemic generated urgency among providers to remain in business, among families to be able to work, and on behalf of children who need enriching early experiences, particularly at a time of unprecedented social and economic upheaval. In the immediate sense, the ARPA has been a success.
Also Check: Nevada Federal Jobs
Child Care Assistance Program
Child Care providers who are licensed or registered by DCCECE and meet the requirements set by the State of Arkansas may participate in the CCDF Child Care Assistance Program. This program allows providers to accept voucher funds from parents who are wishing to place their children in quality child care facilities.
- Step Two: Complete and mail or fax the forms you are provided following the exam
Paid Release Time Grant
The Paid Release Time Grant provides licensed child care programs with funding that allows their certified educators to be paid while studying, completing post-secondary coursework, and attending workshops or conferences that have been approved for professional development funding.
The grant will apply only to those courses, workshops and conferences that take place on or after September 1, 2021.
This grant is for Early Childhood Educators who are paid employees of licensed child care programs or family day home program educators working under licensed family day home agencies who:
- are eligible for the professional development grant, and
- paid for or enrolled in a post-secondary course, workshop or conference that is approved for the professional development grant and takes place on or after September 1, 2021.
To receive the paid release time grant, you need to fill out the relevant section in the Professional Development Funding Request form.
Table 3. Rate of payment to program per Early Childhood Educator.
|Professional development type|
|$17.50 per hour||$1.33 per hour|
Also Check: Qlink Wireless Upload Proof
Regional Development Program: Eastern Ontario Development Fund And Southwestern Ontario Development Fund
The Regional Development Program provides support for projects and investments to businesses, municipalities and not-for-profit organizations for economic development in Ontario, by region.
The types of support available include:
The program supports projects that:
Funding opportunities are currently available for:
Child Care Grant Funding Guide
Licensed daycare, out-of-school care and preschool programs, as well as licensed family day home agencies can apply for grant funding to support the recruitment, retention and professional development of their certified educators. Available supports include wage top-up, professional development funding and release time grant funding.
Read the Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Guide to see if you are eligible and learn about the process to apply for wage top-up, professional development and release time grant funding.
Read Also: Favr Car Allowance Calculator
Make Sure You Can Be Paid
After you register at your university or college you’ll usually get your maintenance loan paid directly into your bank account at the start of each term.
Use your student finance account to:
Family/group Child Care Home Operating Grant
The Family/Group Child Care Home Annual Operating Grant provides a level of operational support dependent on the type of child care services offered.
When advised by your Child Care Co-ordinator that you are eligible for operating grant funding, submit the Family/Group Child Care Home Annual Operating Grant application form located on Child Care Online.
- Operating grants are based on the type of care provided, the number of licensed child care spaces, the utilization of all spaces as well as the actual months and days of service.
- Operating grants are issued in installments, four times per year .
- If care is provided for less than 12 months due to an interruption of service for an extended period of time, as a result of a situation such as vacation, sick time, maternity or relocation the grant may be prorated for the number of months care is provided.
- Financial reporting to the Early Learning and Child Care Program is a requirement for continued eligibility of receiving grants. The names and attendance of all children must be reported on the Facility Child Attendance Report. The Facility Child Attendance Report must be submitted for each designated four week period and should be submitted no later than two weeks after the end of the reporting period.
Read Also: Federal Government Jobs For History Majors
The American Rescue Plan Shored Up Child Care But A Long
The American Rescue Plan provided much-needed funding to protect the child care sector from collapse, but long-term investments are critical to achieve lasting infrastructural change.
5 Strategies for Equitable Implementation of Public Investments in Child Care
For more than two years, families across the United States have been engaged in a battle. They have been fighting to protect themselves and their children from infection to balance the demands of their work with the demands of their families to ensure that their children have uninterrupted access to school, whether in-person or remote and to find trusted, affordable child care options as more and more providers shutter. Under the weight of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the most criticaland distressedsectors of American economic infrastructure have been placed under enormous strain, particularly child care services. Indeed, the pandemic has laid bare how decades of underinvestment have weakened the sector and contributed to deep wealth and workforce inequity among families and child care professionals.
The proportion of annual income that families with low incomes can spend on child care
Child Care Aware of America
The number of child care slots saved by American Rescue Plan funding
The Century Foundation
Several key themes arose from this review:
May 17, 2021
Appendix: Glossary Of Terminology Used In The Interactive Figure
Sustained policy changes refer to spending initiatives that will extend beyond the lifespan of ARPA funding dollars, such as wage increases, the construction of new child care centers, and the development of unified networks that enable families access to services.
Time-limited policy changes refer to initiatives tied specifically to the funding or the duration of the act, such as bonuses, premium pay, temporary increases to benefits or retirement contributions, and temporary increases to family income eligibility. While spending initiatives such as temporarily increased contributions to health benefits or retirement for child care workers may have longitudinal benefits for employees, the authors categorize them as time-limited spending initiatives due to the finite nature of the supportive funding.
The interactive lists the term ARPA funds when policies were funded by both supplemental Child Care and Development Fund funds that were authorized by CCDBG and ARPA stabilization funds. If initiatives only pertained to one or the other source of funding, that source has been listed .
Premium pay refers to increases in child care workers base pay rate for the duration of the stabilization subgrant to the provider or until funds have been exhausted.
Social Vulnerability Index refers to a composite assessment of the negative effects that structural or external stresses on human health may have on communities.
Read Also: Congress Mortgage Stimulus Program 2019
Who Is Eligible To Apply
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed family homes and group homes
- Tribal-based child care
- Head Start, Great Start Readiness Program and 21st CCLC programs that also provide tuition-based child care
- Eligible applicants must also:
- Be open and available to provide child care services on the date of application OR be temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is The Grant Award Considered Taxable Income At The State And Federal Level
Yes. The Child Care Stabilization Grant is considered income and is taxable. Programs that are awarded a grant will receive an IRS Tax Form 1099-NEC. This funding is subject to the same tax rules as regular CCDF funding. State tax rules apply.
Regarding federal tax rules, please contact your tax preparer or the Internal Revenue Service for guidance. In some cases, funds used to cover operating expenses may be exempt from taxation.
View Tax Implications for additional information.
We strongly urge you to tax with your tax preparer to create a plan for how to estimate the tax implications for planning purposes.
Recommended Reading: Safelink Wireless Las Vegas
Key Features Of The Plan
- Improving affordability
If you are a parent of a child aged newborn to pre-kindergarten, you will be paying less for licensed child care by January 2022.
Over the next 5 years of the agreement, we will:
- reduce licensed child care fees by an average of 50% for families with children not yet in kindergarten
- lower average licensed child care fees to $10 per day for families with children not yet in kindergarten
- increase support for parents, child care operators and staff
To ensure families can choose the child care that works best for them, we will:
Quality care starts with quality educators. The agreement provides funds for:
Nursery School Annual Operating Grant
The Nursery School Annual Operating Grant provides a level of operational support dependent on the type of child care services offered.
Funded nursery schools are required to submit an application to receive their operating grant annually within one month after their fiscal year-end. The Nursery School Annual Operating Grant application form is located on Child Care Online.
New or unfunded nursery schools will be advised if they become eligible for operating grant funding.
- Operating grants are based on the number of licensed spaces, the number of sessions offered, the utilization of all spaces as well as the actual months and days of service.
- Operating grants are issued in installments, four times per year .
- The Board of Directors is the legal entity and authority for a not for profit child care centre. It is accountable for the proper conduct of the centreâs business and for all aspects of the centreâs programs, staff and funds, including oversite and approval of the budget.
- Financial reporting to the Early Learning and Child Care Program is a requirement for continued eligibility of receiving grants. The names and attendance of all children must be reported by the Centre Director or designate on the Facility Child Attendance Report. The Facility Child Attendance Report must be submitted for each designated four week period and should be submitted no later than two weeks after the end of the reporting period.
You May Like: Federal Grants For Dental Work
How The Funding Works
The Health and Safety Grant is in addition to, and does not replace, any other funding provided by Childcare BC. This grant supports child care providers to:
- maintain the safe operation of as many of their available licensed, child care spaces as possible while adhering to current Provincial Health Orders as well as the Public Health Guidance for Child Care Settings
- offset operational costs associated with providing child care services throughout recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic