Why Are We Asking For This Information
It is the policy of the Shell Group to maintain the highest level of ethical standards in the conduct of its business and affairs. Being a Government Official or related to a Government Official could influence or could be perceived to influence your decision-making and jeopardise your reputation and that of Shell. In order to ensure that the integrity of the Recruitment process is maintained, we need to identify any conflicts of interest at an early stage. Should you be successfully hired by Shell, as part of Shells Code of Conduct, we require all Shell employees to register all actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
If you are a Government Official or related to a Government Official, this does not impact your eligibility to work for Shell. Declaring any such relationship will protect both you and Shell.
Writing To Government Officials
- Write short letters: Try to keep your letter to one page. The shorter the better.
- Be courteous: Be careful to write as though the recipient would be concerned and wish to help. Use the proper form of address and salutation for the official you are writing to.
- Be accurate: Provide information that can be verified about facts and laws. Make sure your information is up to date.
- Remain non-partisan: Avoid making partisan political or religious comments. Instead, appeal to domestic constitutions or domestic laws, and principles of international law, and international human rights, emphasizing conventions and treaties signed by the country in question. See Canada’s laws and the international treaties it has signed.
- Be credible: Use formal grammar and punctuation. Type your letter if possible, using the appropriate format for a formal letter.
- Request a response: Courteously ask for a response to your letter.
- Sign and date your letter: Date your letter and put your name and address on both the letter and the envelope. Write legibly. Don’t send anonymous letters.
- Send a hard copy: If you send an e-mail, also take the time to send a hard copy by fax and by mail. Use sufficient airmail postage and airmail stickers.
- Keep a copy: Keep a copy of your letter and any replies you receive.
Letter To The Government Points To Remember While Making The Format
Also Check: Governmentjobs Com Las Vegas
Secretary Of State Tre Hargett
Tre Hargett was elected by the Tennessee General Assembly to serve as Tennessees 37th secretary of state in 2009 and re-elected in 2013, 2017, and 2021. Secretary Hargett is the chief executive officer of the Department of State with oversight of more than 300 employees. He also serves on 16 boards and commissions, on two of which he is the presiding member. The services and oversight found in the Secretary of State’s office reach every department and agency in state government.
Letter To The Government Tips
Read Also: Jobs For History Lovers
Welcome To Who Are Your Elected Officials
The Secretary of State’s office is pleased announce the development and delivery of this new online service. Who Are Your Elected Officials? is one of the first geographic information system applications made available via accessIndiana, the states official Web portal and is the only application of its kind in the nation that offers a complete list of elected officials based on your address. Who Are Your Elected Officials? allows Hoosiers to easily determine their legislative districts and legislators in the Indiana House of Representatives, Indiana Senate, and United States House of Representatives, as well as county, municipal, and school districts and officials.
Writing Letters And Email To Government Officials
The two most common ways charities tend to communicate with government officials, especially when lobbying, is by writing a letter or email. Make no mistakeit is fairly likely that your letter or email will be briefly scanned by a staff member and filed away to receive a generic response.
But every now and then, legislators do spend the time reviewing letters and emails on certain issues. In addition, most offices do pay attention to how many letters and emails they receive on a particular subject. So, go ahead and write and emaila lot! While theres no absolute right way to do it, here are some tips:
- In general, you only need to contact the government officials who represent you. If you live in Texas and write or email to the Senator from Louisiana, you can be assured that your letter will get thrown away and email deleted. Even if youre communicating to the Representative who represents the district next to you, odds are your letter or email will be trashed or simply forwarded to your Representative.
- The only exception would be writing to the Speaker of the House or the chair of a particular committee on a very important issue. In rare cases, you might want to get a lot of members to write to or email an official and his/her office with letters and emails to show the grassroots support on an issue.
Read Also: Free Dental Implants Grants
Government Official Swims 12 Hours To Shore After Helicopter Crash Off Madagascar: My Time To Die Hasn’t Come Yet
A Madagascan minister was one of two survivors to have swum some 12 hours to shore Tuesday after their helicopter crashed off the island’s northeastern coast, authorities said. A search was still ongoing for two other passengers after the crash Monday, whose cause was not immediately clear, police and port authorities said.
Serge Gelle, the country’s secretary of state for police, and a fellow policeman reached land in the seaside town of Mahambo separately on Tuesday morning, apparently after ejecting themselves from the aircraft, port authority chief Jean-Edmond Randrianantenaina said.
In a video shared on social media, 57-year-old Gelle appears lying exhausted on a deck chair, still in his camouflage uniform.
Le GDI Serge GELLE, un des passagers de l’hélicoptère accidenté hier a été retrouvé sain et sauf ce matin du côté de Mahambo. Les sapeurs sauveteurs de la #4°UPC ont également retrouvé le carcasse de l’hélicoptère au fond de la mer.
Ministère de la Défense Nationale Madagascar
“My time to die hasn’t come yet,” says the general, adding he is cold but not injured.
The helicopter was flying him and the others to inspect the site of a shipwreck off the northeastern coast on Monday morning. A rescue team “found the helicopter wreck on the seabed,” Madagascar’s Ministry of National Defense tweeted.
Ravoavy earlier told AFP that Gelle had used one of the helicopter’s seats as a flotation device.
Here Are Sample Letters To Government
Letters To A Government Official
Letters To Government About Tax
Letters To Government For Better School System
Letters To Government Official For Social Development
Letters To Government To Stop Unfavorable Construction
Your letter should be comprehensive and concise. It is better to add a subject to the letter so that it will be easy for the recipient to identify what you are actually writing about. If your letter is about any particular action, bill, procedure or legislation, give a reference of it clearly, mention if you in favor or against it, but be reasonable and justify or support your stance with adequate evidence or logic. If you want recipient to take an action or response your letter, clearly mention that what it should be and also clear your position on that point. Your letter should be based on facts and you should stay logical, you should provide enough information to refute any point against you.
Recommended Reading: Polk Real Foreclosure
Contact Your Government Official
The Internet provides quick and easy access to Utah’s government authorities. Most of the state’s senators and representatives have their own Websites and email addresses.
- Governor Spencer J. Cox
Congressional Member Directory – Select your state from the left or select your Congressman from the select menu at the top of the page.
Representative Lookup – Use this Website to identify and send a message to your Representative.
#phvote Guides: When Does A Politician Become A Candidate
However, Section 13 of Republic Act No. 9369 provides that candidacies are only official once the campaign period starts. This means that unlawful acts or omissions applicable to a candidate shall effect only upon that start of the aforesaid campaign period.
Commission on Elections spokesperson James Jimenez referred to this provision in election rules as a loophole. The campaign period for national positions will start on February 8, 2022, and on March 25, 2022 for for local positions.
MovePH, Rapplers civic engagement arm, is crowdsourcing photos of tarpaulins that feature government officials. Once you spot them, provide us the following information:
Recommended Reading: Assurance Wireless Virginia
Dfinition Dun Reprsentant Du Gouvernement
Un représentant du gouvernement se définit par lun des points suivants :
- Représentant ou employé de tout gouvernement, ou dun bureau, dun cabinet ou dun ministère dun gouvernement .
- Personne agissant en tant que représentant dun gouvernement dans le cadre de ses attributions, peu importe le rang ou le poste.
- Représentant ou employé dune compagnie dirigée de façon exclusive ou partielle par le gouvernement, à lexception du personnel de Shell détaché auprès dune telle compagnie
- Membre dun parti politique et tout représentant dun parti politique
- Candidat à des fonctions politiques
- Représentant ou employé dune organisation internationale publique, telle que lOrganisation des Nations Unies ou la Banque mondiale
- Membre de la famille immédiate dune personne telle que décrite ci-dessus.
+ Government Letter Formats
You can download letters to Government Officials here. These Government letter formats are standard quality and are widely used all around the world. Letter to government is one of the formal letters that we write to convey local public related issues or problems to government officials and one must get help from government letter format when about to do this. Writing such letters is the best way to bring community related and other issues in the attention of local government to get them fixed on immediate basis. You can write the letter personally or on behalf of a group of individuals by getting their signatures at the bottom of letter after closing salutations. Government letter template can give you the good start to compose the letter effectively.
Official and formal letters have great importance in our lives and everyone must know how to write such letters eliminating mistakes and errors. When writing a letter to government official, one should choose appropriate words and writing tone to put across problems or issues in best possible manner. You can consult with professional writer to get the letter written if you personally cannot write. Hence, use of the government letter template will enable you to compose the letter in professional manner. Below you can find different sample government letters that we have added for your consideration so save the letter in your device and modify with own details.
You May Like: State Of Nevada Unclassified Jobs
A Government Official Means Any:
- Official or employee of any Government, or any agency, ministry or department of a Government .
- Any person acting in an official capacity for a Government regardless of rank or position.
- Official or employee of a company wholly or partially controlled by a Government , but excluding Employees seconded to such companies.
- A political party or any official of a political party.
- Candidate for political office.
- Officer or employee of a public international organisation, such as the United Nations or the World Bank.
- Immediate family member of any of the above.
Sample Letters To Government Officials
Find inspiration in our curated catalog of letters to government officials. Each sample letter comes with guidelines and advice to help you find the right words.
Letters to government officials are letters written to any person who works and acts in an official capacity for the government. The recipients of such letters could be congressmen, governors, or even the president. There are many reasons why you may want to write to a government official. Maybe some roads in your area need reconstruction and proper lighting. Perhaps there is a curfew in your town which has made it impossible for you to do night shifts. Whatever the reason, the letter must be formal, respectful, and well-worded. When writing letters to government officials, you need to decide the official to whom you want to direct the letter. Start by introducing yourself and clearly stating the reason for your letter. Explain how the issue at hand affects you and other people in your group. Explain your personal stand on it and the reason for your position. Offer suggestions that you think can solve the problem. Emphasize important information by bolding or underlining. Try to keep the letter short, preferably one page. Wrap it up by thanking the recipient in advance for reading the letter and considering your thoughts. Type the letter or write it in clear, legible handwriting.
Don’t Miss: Engineering Management Gwu
Who Are My Elected Officials
Use our GoVoteTN app to find your elected officials. The GoVoteTN app will also provide you with a sample ballot, early voting locations, Election Day polling location and election results. The GoVoteTN app is available in the Apple store, , and through any browser as a website application.
You may find your state legislators here.
Max Weber On Bureaucratic Officials
|This section does not cite any . Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.|
Max Weber gave as definition of a bureaucratic official:
- they are personally free and appointed to their position on the basis of conduct
- he exercises the authority delegated to them in accordance with impersonal rules, and their loyalty is enlisted on behalf of the faithful execution of their official duties
- their appointment and job placement are dependent upon their technical qualifications
- their administrative work is a full-time occupation
- their work is rewarded by a regular salary and prospects of advancement in a lifetime career.
An official must exercise their judgment and their skills, but their duty is to place these at the service of a higher authority ultimately they are responsible only for the impartial execution of assigned tasks and must sacrifice their personal judgment if it runs counter to their official duties.
Recommended Reading: Goverment Jobs In Nevada
Letter To The Government Examples
Letter to Government Example 1: Write a letter to the Municipal Commissioner of your city regarding the poor quality and inadequate supply of the municipal water. You are the President of HWA of Gulmohar Colony, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Subject- Poor quality and inadequate supply of municipal water
I, on behalf of all the residents, write to draw your attention towards the poor quality and inadequate supply of municipal water in the area of Gulmohar Colony. We have been facing this inconvenience since a week now.
Earlier, there was regular supply of municipal water throughout the day. But now the situation is worrisome. The water is rarely available and the quality too, has deteriorated. It is pale in colour and has a foul smell. Due to this, it has become unfit for drinking and can neither be used for any other activity. The situation has become so bad that we are compelled to purchase bottled water or even consume ground water at times.
I hereby humbly request you to look into the grave issue and take the necessary action required to restore adequate supply of clean water in the area. I look forward to your cooperation at the earliest.
Subject- Regarding the need for construction of pavement
Respected Sir/ Maam
I would like to draw your attention towards the rising traffic in the city and hence the need for pavement for pedestrian walking.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Govt Letters With Snapshots:
When it comes to write a letter to any government official or department, first of all you should search the right address of leader or government department with whom you want to communicate. You can visit the official website of government to get required address or contact details to reach the right personal via your letter. Formal wording and format must be used to make the letter sensible and easy to understand for the government officials. You can also get help from government letter format to write the letter with required writing etiquette.
In todays world governments mostly work for the betterment and well being of the people, they are being questioned about their performance, acting ability, duties and liabilities, by the citizens. Any citizen can write a letter to the government praising or opposing legislation, for the protection of certain civil rights, for a proposal, appreciating a certain move, bill or a decision taken by government, on winning or losing an election and for many more reasons. It should be clearly mentioned in your letter that who you are and what is the purpose of writing this letter. So, it is good to make rough draft before writing a letter directly.
Recommended Reading: Trucking Business Grants
More On The Michigan Legislature
The Michigan House of Representatives and the Michigan Senate comprise Michigans full-time legislature. The primary purpose of the Legislature is to represent you and your values by enacting new laws and amending or repealing existing laws.
STATE House of RePRESENTATIVES
The House of Representatives consists of 110 members who are elected by you. Each state Representative represents a district with approximately 77,000 to 91,000 residents. Representatives are elected in even-numbered years to 2-year terms and are able to serve three terms total.
The Senate consists of 38 members who are elected by you. Each state Senator represents a districts with approximately 212,400 to 263,500 residents. Senators are elected in even-numbered years to 4-year terms and are able to serve two terms total.