Aarp Landline Phone Service For Seniors
AARP landline phone service for seniorsHow can I get a landline without Internet?What is the cheapest home phone plan?What is the cheapest landline phone service?Cheap landline phone service plans without internet
- CenturyLink Basic Home Phone Plan: for $23.34/month.
- Cox Voice Premier Plan: starting at $29.99/month.
- Xfinity Voice Unlimited: starting at $29.99/month.
- Spectrum Voice Package: starting at $29.99/month.
How much does a landline cost per month?How can I get a free landline?
Best Landline Phone Service For Seniors
best home phone deals for seniorslandline service providerslandline phone serviceAT& TAT& T Phone Unlimited North America planVerizonFios Digital Voice UnlimitedFrontier Voice ServiceCenturyLinkBasic Home Phone PlanCoxVoice PremierSpectrumSpectrum Voice packageXfinityXfinity Voice UnlimitedBottom Linefree landline phone service for seniorscheap landline service for seniorsWhat is a landline?Popular landline phone providers
How can I get a free landline? Or How can I get a free residential phone service?Free government landline phone serviceAre landlines free?Alternative way to get free landline phone service
- Google Voice: If you live in the United States, Google Voice offers home phone services with many calling features.
- Check out the AARP landline phone service for seniors
How much does a landline cost per month?
S To Get A Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors
Here are some of the requirements you need to have before applying for a free government landline phone service.
Generally, households who get various government assistance like Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Supplemental Nutrition assistance program do qualify for these plans. You can also be eligible for your income is below 135 % of the federal poverty guidelines for your country: Additionally, families whose kids get reduced or free lunch via the federal government might qualify.
First, find out if there is a wireless service provider in your region that offers the Lifeline Assistance program. This will assist you in determining your eligibility for cheap landline phone service for seniors. If you get a free cell phone, you wont be required to pay connection charges, must sign an annual agreement, pay monthly service charges, or make a deposit. However, you must comply with the yearly certification for the requirement for ongoing services.
You May Like: City Jobs Las Vegas Nevada
Are There Other Places I Can Get Help If I Don’t Qualify For Liheap
If your income is too high to qualify for LIHEAP but you need help paying for your energy bills, your local social services agency or a nonprofit organization may have funds to help. You can also contact your gas, oil, or electric company about budget billing programs or new payment options especially for customers with disabilities who are on Supplemental Security Income .
Qualifying Based On Annual Household Income
If you want to qualify for Lifeline Assistance based on your annual household income, your household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size.
Annual Income 135% Thresholds Based on Household Size:
- 1 person, $15,080
- Other official document containing income information for at least 3 months time
Read Also: City Of Las Vegas Government Jobs
How Do I Apply For Lifeline Assistance
- You may apply in person for Lifeline Assistance at Mon-Cre Telephone Cooperatives business office, located at 227 Main Street in Ramer, Alabama, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday .
- You must complete the Lifeline Rate Assistance Certification Form and bring proof of your eligibility for Lifeline Assistance based on either your household income or participation in one of the qualifying low-income assistance programs.
- If you have questions about Lifeline Assistance, you may call Mon-Cres customer service representatives at 334-562-3242 during normal business hours.
What Is The Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline Assistance is the Federal Communication Commission’s long running program designed to provide equal access to phone service for all Americans. It specifically caters to low-income residents who may not otherwise be able to afford a cell phone device or plan. The program entitles those who are eligible to wireless service for $9.25/month. It also applies to internet service, also priced at $9.25/month.
You can read more about the Lifeline program here.
You May Like: Government Grants To Start Trucking Business
Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors In 2021
- In todays fast-paced world, we all need to stay connected. Every person needs access to phone services, especially the senior citizens, in case of emergencies. Many years back, before the mobile phone, landlines were the primary mode of communication.
- A landline or a home phone is a service that transmits audio via the use of wires or fiber cables. Unlike a wireless cell phone, a landline is wired. What does free landline phone service for senior citizens entail? It is a free provision of free landline services from either the federal government or charity organizations like NGOs or churches.
- Most landline phone service providers give you access to a landline after you buy TV services or the internet, which leads to expensive costs for someone who only needs the landline phone service. This dilemma led to making home phone services affordable to low-income families by getting benefits via the Lifeline Assistance program. Suppose you are not eligible for the program. In that case, this article will tell you to get alternatives for providers who offer free landline phone service for seniors and the providers who offer free and affordable landline phone service for seniors.
How To Apply For Free Government Landline Phones
You can enroll in this program by using a lifeline phone provider in your country. However, you will need to prove that you are eligible by providing documentation like previous year tax returns, payroll from your current employer, letter to prove social security benefits, child support, retirement, and unemployment benefits.
- Fill and sign the application.
- Attach evidence of membership of any of the programs mentioned above. If you are not in any of the program, you can show proof of revenue in your application.
Recommended Reading: Grants For Trucking Companies
Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors
free landline phone servicefree phones for seniorsRecommended for you
Who Are Qualified and How to Apply
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families .
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program .
- Supplemental Security Income
- Food Stamps
To get the Lifeline discount
- You must prove that youre receiving benefits through one of the above programs by presenting a card or letter from SNAP or Medicaid.
- Then you need to select one of the lifeline service providers in your area and request an application.
- You have to provide your personal information such as the name, address, date of birth, show your ID, social security card, or other documents and forms.
- The selected landline provider will process your request. If the provider accepts your subscription, youll sign up and get a discount off your monthly bill.
- Current income state from your employer.
- Social Security statement of benefits.
- Federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance.
Why Keep A Landline Home Phone Service
Almost four out of ten American families have disconnected their landline home phones and depend on cell phone service to stay connected. If you are contemplating to join the mobile-money bandwagon, you may need to reconsider. Here are some of the reasons to continue using your home phone.
A Landline Sounds Better Than Cellular : The quality of listening and talking via a cordless home phone is better than that of a cell phone. That is important if you have hearing problems, your family is noisy, or you spend more time on the phone, particularly the home phone.
A Landline Offers Improved Security : Mobile phone utilize a GPS-based technique to report your IP address in a 911 emergency. That is great when you are traveling, but if you stay in a high rise apartment, it will not show your exact floor. On the other hand, a landline is connected to your IP address and the number of the apartment. Therefore, the 911 operator will know where help is required.
Additionally, a telephone with a corded base can still function during a power shortage provided it is connected to the traditional VolP or landline service with battery backup.
Another benefit is that home security systems need a landline connection to monitor burglar and fire alarm detectors. If you dont own one, the alarm company will install a device that interacts with their office through the cell phone connection.
You May Like: Dental Grants For Seniors
You May Qualify For Lifeline If You Participate In One Of The Following Government Programs:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
2. TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME
You may also be eligible for Lifeline if your total household income is at or below your states Federal Poverty Guidelines. Federal guidelines may vary by state. Refer to the chart below to see your states income guidelines and see if you qualify.
The amounts listed in the chart below shows the maximum total household income you can earn in order to be eligible for Lifeline. Your income must be at or below the guidelines to qualify.
|People in Household|
Free Residential Phone Service
As discussed above, you can have a landline phone free of charge. However, some come with limited facilities. Apart from the free government landline phone service, other providers offer free phone services.
For example, the Flow app. Flow app is available on Windows App Store and Google Play. It is provided by Swedish company Telavox, which also offers the landline forwarding service. Telavox develops world-leading communications sites with applications for smart and efficient telephony, PBX, chat, and others. In spite, if it involves an entrepreneur-driven startup. Televox contributes to making businesses more efficient, transparent, and accessible.
Alternatively, you can use free VoIP phone services such as Google Voice and Skype. With Google Voice, you can use conventional dial-tone phone to place and receive calls, with no charges. These little boxes, which start at around $50, are compatible with the landline phones you already have.
Obihai appliances work with Google Voice, Googles free unlimited phone and voicemail services. This indicates you can place unlimited free calls to the United States and Canada, and also receive calls to dedicated United States Google Voice number. It is worth noting that you cannot make calls on 911 using Google Voice. However, you can add this service to your Obihai device for $15 a year. In case Google Voice is not accessible where you stay, Obihai is compatible with many other VoIP services.
Don’t Miss: Government Jobs Vegas
How To Get Lifeline Assistance
Qualifying clients will complete the four steps with their preferred company to get a lifeline discount.
A person qualifies for a lifeline via the government assistance program or your revenue. You might be required to prove your eligibility for lifeline benefit via:
- Award letter or card to prove membership of SNAP, Medicaid or any other program
- A tax return or pay stub to prove your revenue is less than 135% of the state poverty level.
Some of the ways to qualify for a lifeline include:
- Based on the revenue
- If you use Medicaid, SNAP or other programs
- One person per family
Does The Government Provide Free Landline Phone Service
People ask us often if the government provides free landline phone services or just discounts. The answer lies in the Lifeline Assistance program, which we will cover in more detail below.
In summary, the government offers a DISCOUNT of $7.25 9.25 per month to those eligible toward their telecommunication services .
NOTE: A household is defined as a group of people living in one dwelling.
Looking at the landline services, there are currently no landline/home phone service providers that offer more than a simple $7.25 or 9.25 monthly discount, aside from the so-called Tribal Lifeline, which does offer a deeper discount and can lead to FREE of charge services in very specific areas and with certain landline providers.
Also Check: City Of Las Vegas Government Jobs
Network Of Professionals That Represents A Diverse Public Service
Employee Assistance Services hires mental health professionals that represent the diversity of the federal public service. Our goal is to make sure we have professionals with diverse backgrounds so that we can connect clients, on request, with the right counsellor based on experience. This can include experience supporting a specific community or equity-deserving group.
Ooma Telo Is A Device That Provides The Cheapest Home Phone Services In Canada While Still Giving You All Of The Features Youre Accustomed To With A Traditional Landline
All you need to do is connect the Ooma Telo device to your high-speed internet connection, and you can start making home phone calls. All you pay are applicable taxes and fees. Ooma Canada comes with all of the standard features you would expect: caller-ID, call waiting, Bluetooth capabilities, call logs, cheap international calling, voicemail, and 911 calling and 911 alerts.
Every call comes with Ooma PureVoice technology to ensure clear calls and fewer dropped calls. And, Ooma Telo is also integrated with Amazon Alexa for hands-free calling. Learn more about Ooma and how you can get our award-winning home phone service today!
Read Also: Rtc Careers Las Vegas
Centurylink Free Landline Phone Service
At CenturyLink, low-income earners can qualify for two assistant programs- the Telephone Assistance Program , which is an assistance program given at the state level, and the Federal Lifeline program.
Eligible lifeline customers receive a discount of $9.25 per month. In some states, customers can get additional support per month. Tribal Lands residents can receive an extra monthly discount and assistance with installing the newly subscribed customer through the Link-Up program. If you are not qualified to receive the Lifeline landline discount, you can look around for cheap landline phone service for seniors to get the best service in your region.
Free Landline Phone Service
Yes, you can get a free landline phone. Presently, the government has a program where you can get a free government cell phone in about forty states. In case you reside in a state where free mobile phones are not presently available, you can still qualify for free landline.
Most of us cannot imagine life without phone services. And we assume that we can stay in touch with friends, family members, colleagues, and even access emergency services so easily. However, low-income families often cannot access mobile phone services because of their high cost.
This has prompted the government lifeline assistance program, that partners with various major wireless providers to offer qualifying families with free landline phones and complementary services. Generally, families that are already receiving government assistance, like temporary assistance for needy families are eligible for free phones and free services. You can also qualify in case you earn less than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines for your state. Families whose children get free or decreased lunch via the federal government may also be eligible.
Also Check: Las Vegas Government Jobs
Am I Eligible For Liheap
This chart from Benefits.gov shows the average LIHEAP eligibility requirements. Actual requirements may vary by state, city, or region. Each local LIHEAP office sets its own eligibility requirements.
- A person or family participating in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program , Supplemental Security Income , Temporary Assistance for Needy Families , or certain needs-tested veterans benefits may be automatically eligible.
- Being qualified for LIHEAP does not guarantee that you will receive help. Whether or not you receive help depends on how much LIHEAP funding is available for the year.
- On average, about 20% of households that are qualified for LIHEAP receive benefits. When LIHEAP funds run out for the year, no more benefits can be given until Congress makes more funds available.
Why Do I Really Need A Landline Phone
Many younger generations have decided to skip their landline phones and use only cell phones. So, it is definitely possible to get by without a landline phone, however, there are a few benefits of having a home phone. We will cover those in this section.
Unlike with cell phones, you cant get a poor reception on your home phone. So, if you live in an area with poor wireless network coverage, having a home phone will give you a higher level of reliability.
According to the testing performed, on average, landline phones provide better voice quality for listening and talking compared to cell phones.
All modern cell phones can be tracked via GPS signal, however, oftentimes the exact location can be hard to determine. But with the use of a home phone for 911 emergencies, they will know exactly from which address the call is coming from, which can be a life-changing benefit in case of a life-threatening situation.
If you prefer simplicity and dont want to be connected all the time, a landline alone can provide you the connectivity you want. However, this may be suitable for those who spend most of their time at home.
In general, landline services arent as pricey as wireless services, meaning there are plans that can be fully covered with the Lifeline discount.
Recommended Reading: City Of Las Vegas Government Jobs
Federal Tribal Lifeline Discounts
Residents of American Indian tribal lands may qualify for up to an additional $25 of enhanced Lifeline support monthly. They may also qualify for the Link-Up program, which helps tribal consumers pay the initial installation costs of obtaining telephone or broadband service. Link-Up provides a credit of up to $100 for the initial installation charges for tribal consumers.
An individual living on tribal lands may qualify for Lifeline and Link-Up discounts if he or she participates in one of the programs listed above , or one of the following programs:
- The Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start .