Centurylink Free Landline Phone Service
At CenturyLink, low-income earners can qualify for two assistant programs- the Telephone Assistance Program , which is an assistance program given at the state level, and the Federal Lifeline program.
Eligible lifeline customers receive a discount of $9.25 per month. In some states, customers can get additional support per month. Tribal Lands residents can receive an extra monthly discount and assistance with installing the newly subscribed customer through the Link-Up program. If you are not qualified to receive the Lifeline landline discount, you can look around for cheap landline phone service for seniors to get the best service in your region.
What Kind Of Phone Does Safelink Wireless Give You
If youre on the hunt for a new cell phone and youre low on cash, you may be wondering if Safelink Wireless is a good option.
The company provides free or discounted cell phone service to eligible customers, which means you could potentially get a new phone for a very low price. But what kind of phone does Safelink Wireless actually offer?
The answer to that question depends on a few factors.
- First, Safelink Wireless is available in all 50 states, so the type of phone offered to customers will vary depending on where you live.
- Second, the type of phone also depends on which minute plan you choose. Safelink Wireless offers several different minute plans, so youll need to decide which one is right for you before you can narrow down your phone options.
How To Get Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors
A landline phone is so different to cellphone. However, they are both meant to purposely make and receive calls. Landline phone, also known as home phone, is a phone service that helps to transmit an audio through use of a wire or fiber cable. Unlike cell phone, landline phone is wired. What does free landline phone service for seniors mean? It is provision of free landline services from the government or any other charity organization like churches and non-governmental organizations.
Phone services are top necessities to the elderly to ask for help during emergency. In collaboration with phone service companies, the federal government saw it necessary to provide free landline phone services to seniors through a program known as lifeline. This assistance is not only provided to the elderly, but anyone who is in need of it irrespective of the age. However, our main interest in this page is on the elderly. Only eligible seniors qualify for free landline services from the government. The government also has discounted and cheap landline phone service for seniors. Let us now understand how to get free landline phone service for seniors and who is eligible to acquire them.
Read Also: Government Jobs With High School Diploma
How To Get A Free Landline Phone Service For Seniors
If you are an active member of a federal government assistance program such as:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families .
- Supplemental Security Income
- National School Lunch Programs Free School Lunch.
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program .
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
You are also eligible if your income is under 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. The Lifeline assistance programs are only limited to one participant per household and lower internet or home phone service costs per month. Investigate if there is a wireless service provider in your area that provides the Lifeline Assistance program.
This will help you to determine if you are eligible for cheap landline phone service for seniors. With a free phone, you will be exempted from connection charges, sign a yearly agreement, make a deposit or pay a monthly service charge. You must obtain yearly certification to prove you are a low-income earner to continue receiving the services.
North Dakota Telephone Assistance Program
In addition to Lifeline, the State of North Dakota offers a state telephone assistance discount. The telephone assistance program offers up to $3.50 per month discount on home landline telephone service.
The North Dakota state discount is automatically added when the subscriber qualifies for the federal Lifeline program.
Don’t Miss: Government Help To Rent Apartment
Get A Free Phone In New York: Qualify For The Acp Program
Are You Getting FREE Text, Calls and Data?
Join the Tens of Thousands that have already signed up for FREE Lifeline and ACP Benefits.
- Mon-Sat: 9 am – 6 pm ESTSun: Closed
Get a free phone in New York plus free cell phone and data service through the Affordable Connectivity Program . ACP is a brand new U.S. government assistance program helping millions of families like yours ,cut or even eliminate your monthly cell phone bill.
Even more households can now qualify for this service as ACP accepts a wider range of programs and a higher income level threshold to qualify than Lifeline.
Why Should Bps Entities Adopt Otp
The Ontario Tenders Portal provides:
- Process and budget efficiencies through web based tenders management and electronic document management
- Transparency and fairness to the tendering process by standardizing bid submissions and evaluations
- Added competitiveness in sourcing events by lowering barrier for vendors to participate with free opportunity view and downloads
- Sustainability opportunities through the reduction of paper and mail usage by utilizing an eTendering solution
Also Check: Is There A Government Mortgage Relief Program
Calfresh / Food Stamps / Snap
Program Approval Letter, Benefit Statement, or Verification of Coverage Letter, should contain the following basic information:
- Name of the program,
- Current participation status
Eligibility Screenshot or printout from an online portal or website tool, should contain the following basic information:
- Name of the program or state equivalent,
- Name of the beneficiary,
- Current participation status
Due to sharing many of the same eligibility requirements those currently enrolled in the lifeline program may qualify for The Affordable Connectivity Program also.
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Program participation documents.
- Another official document evidencing the consumer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal Program.
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return.
- 3 consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs.
- Social Security benefits statement. Veterans Administration benefits statement.
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement.
- Divorce decree or child support document.
- Unemployment/Workers’ Compensation benefits statement.
How Do I Qualify For Free Government Phone Service With Section 8 Housing
If you already are receiving Federal Housing Assistance or Section 8 Housing, you automatically qualify for ACP benefits.
Residents of New York who are covered by FHPA do not need to manually upload documents since the National Verifier database is automatically verified during the application procedure.
Read Also: Free Annual Credit Report Government
Advantages Of Free Government Phones With Internet
Today most lifeline providers avail the best free government cell phones to cope with the rapidly growing technology. Although these phones are decent, they only contain essential features to aid in primary communication purposes. If you want extra advanced features, you can choose to buy your phone.
The companies that operate under the Lifeline program have provided free government phones with the internet as proof of technological improvement. They have invested so much offering free internet packages to customers.
These phones are widely used in day to day activities such as:
- Listening to podcasts
- Send text messages
Ohio Telephone Assistance Program
In addition to Lifeline, the State of Ohio offers a state telephone assistance discount. The telephone assistance program offers up to $3.50 per month discount on home landline telephone service.
The Ohio state discount is automatically added when the subscriber qualifies for the federal Lifeline program.
Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program
The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program assists qualifying low-income individuals with keeping telephone services affordable by lowering monthly service rates. Individuals can qualify for NTAP by participating in Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program , Childrens Health Insurance Programs , Supplemental Security Income , Veterans Pension Benefit/Survivors Pension Benefit, Federal Public Housing, or if household income is at or below 135 percent of the poverty level.
Lifeline & Affordable Connectivity Program
The Lifeline program and the Affordable Connectivity Program help make phone and internet service more affordable for low-income individuals. Eligible individuals also qualify for a free smartphone through the Lifeline program. If you participate in certain assistance programs like Medicaid, NJ SNAP or SSI, you automatically qualify for both federal programs.
Note: The Affordable Connectivity Program replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit on December 31, 2021. To learn more about the program transition, click here
Lifeline is a federal program that provides eligible low-income individuals with a free smartphone and free wireless phone service . This Lifeline program is operated by the federal government, and should not be confused with the states Lifeline utility assistance program.
Affordable Connectivity Program
Who is eligible for Lifeline?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Participates in any of the following programs: NJ SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit and Tribal Programs or
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Who is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
Also Check: Government Business Loans For Veterans
How Does Government Phone Service Work
Government phone service works by providing low-income families and individuals with a free or discounted phone.
The program is also designed to help those who are receiving government assistance. To qualify, you must meet certain income requirements. Once you have applied and been approved, you will be able to choose a phone plan that best suits your needs.
Where Can You Get Cheap Landline Phone Service For Seniors
Community Phone provide the cheapest landline phone service for seniors. With a 5% lifetime discount for senior citizens, Community Phoneâs landline service can save you hundreds of dollars on installation costs, setup, and maintenance. It is 31-35% cheaper than traditional and digital landlines, 20-25% cheaper than VoIP, and a whopping 73% cheaper than a cell phone.Call our landline specialists at -593-5333.
Read Also: Government Grants For Mortgage Payments
How To Get Free Government Landline Phone Service
Landline phones are increasingly becoming rare every day. This is because of the emergence of smartphones, which have taken their place. However, landlines are still a crucial tool of communication in many homes all over the country. Additionally, they are a cheaper, more secure, and reliable means of calling family and friends.
The downside is that landline phone services are costly, making them inaccessible to people from low-income backgrounds. Luckily, the government assists these groups through the Lifeline program.
You can get free landline phone services from companies participating in Lifeline, but you will need to sign up for and qualify to benefit. This post dives into what you need to do to get free government landline phone service and the companies that provide it.
Free At& t Landline Services For Seniors
AT& T is one of the best and most well-known landline and network service providers. It is one of the most famous providers in the United States. This provider offers various benefits to its users and it offers different packages based on the pricing structures, features, and coverage offered. You can choose any package according to your convenience and ability. The basic package with the minimum amount starts at dollar 33 per month. This basic package offers unlimited local calling so if you dont want to go for any other package then this is the best one.
You can get various features with this landline service provider. The list of features includes calling, call waiting, caller ID, call blocking, anonymous call rejection, and so on. This is a service provider that offers another bundle of plans, Apart from the usual four types of landline packages. The bundle of plans includes plans with DirecTV satellite television and internet service packages. Therefore, if you want to get the benefit of this bundle of plans then just go for this service provider. The list of some pros and cons of AT& T landline are as follows:
- It offers a bundle of options with TV and internet services.
- It includes discount packages for international calling.
- This provider offers special discounts for federal assistance program members.
- It includes features like anonymous call rejection and screening services that help the users to deal with robocall rejection.
Also Check: Free Government Credit Counseling Services
Am I Eligible For Liheap
This chart from Benefits.gov shows the average LIHEAP eligibility requirements. Actual requirements may vary by state, city, or region. Each local LIHEAP office sets its own eligibility requirements.
- A person or family participating in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program , Supplemental Security Income , Temporary Assistance for Needy Families , or certain needs-tested veterans benefits may be automatically eligible.
- Being qualified for LIHEAP does not guarantee that you will receive help. Whether or not you receive help depends on how much LIHEAP funding is available for the year.
- On average, about 20% of households that are qualified for LIHEAP receive benefits. When LIHEAP funds run out for the year, no more benefits can be given until Congress makes more funds available.
Eligibility Based On Participation In Other Government Programs
You qualify to get a lifeline if you or any member of your family is a beneficiary of any of the following programs:
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program : This is a government program that provides low income earners in the state with adequate food as they are unable to afford it. To get a free landline phone service, you or a family member would have to be a beneficiary of this program among others. You can visit their website or go to the nearest food stamp office close to you and get registered.
- Medicaid: This is a federal and state government program that provides health care insurance for children, women, seniors, disabled and low income earners in the state. If you are a beneficiary of this program, you are also eligible for the free landline phone service. To register, visit their website.
- Supplemental Security Income: Having a family member or being a recipient of this program also qualifies you for the free landline phone service. SSI is a government program for blind and disabled children from poor homes
- Federal Public Housing Assistance: If you are also a beneficiary of this program that provides low income earners with cheap, safe and clean houses, then you are qualified for the free landline phone service. To register for this program, kindly visit their website.
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits: This incentive pays monthly bonuses to surviving and dependent children of wartime veterans who fall below the stipulated government line.
Read Also: Lifeline Free Government Cell Phone Program
New Jersey Telephone Assistance Program
In addition to Lifeline, the State of New Jersey offers a state telephone assistance discount. The telephone assistance program offers up to $14.50 per month discount on home landline telephone service.
The New Jersey state discount is automatically added when the subscriber qualifies for the federal Lifeline program.
How Voip Works With 911
Ooma’s VoIP phone service offers the 911 functionality you’d expect from a landline phone. However, it’s important to note that you must provide a valid address within your country of purchase when you set up your device, and update your address with the device if you move into a new home. With Ooma’s 911 service, emergency calls are routed to your local dispatcher instead of a national call center, and Ooma automatically relays your street address information to emergency services.
Ooma also offers a home security system with an app that allows mobile phone access to your home number, meaning you can take your home phone on the go. The app lets you dial 911 remotely, so even if you are across town and an emergency is detected in your home, dispatchers will be sent to your home address. Learn more about Ooma’s Remote 911 feature by watching the related video below.
To get more details about how Ooma works with 911 services, read our extended FAQs.
Ooma Telo is a device that provides free and low-cost home phone service and home security using your high-speed internet. With the Telo, you can get advanced calling features and more connected services that aren’t offered by traditional landlines. To get started, all you need is:
A one-time purchase of an Ooma Telo
A high-speed internet connection
A desire to save money
*Pay applicable monthly taxes and fees. Check here.
Don’t Miss: Government Loans For Credit Card Debt
What Does Life Wireless Service Include
- Unlimited Nationwide Calling
- No charge for domestic long distance calls
- Free 911 Service
*High Speed Data provided over 5G, 4G/LTE and 4G networks subject to network availability and handset compatibility. Videos stream at DVD Quality . Reduced speeds may affect audio and video streaming, access to certain websites and content, or use of available applications. Monthly plans expire 30 days after loaded to account. Data usage subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, available in our terms and conditions. Directory assistance, premium SMS, no answer/busy transfer, caller ID, caller IDblock, and roaming not available. Unused accumulated data is forfeited if you switch between plans or terminate or fail to renew your plan before expiration. Unused Data/Refills/promotions are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are not transferable or refundable. Taxes/fees chargedseparately. Plans/rates/fees subject to change without notice. Coverage and service not available in all areas. Life Wireless service provided by Telrite Corporation. Full Terms and Conditions applicable and available here.
**After you have used your plans high-speed data 15GB allowance, we will not turn off your data. Your speed will be throttled to 256 kbps