Data Governance Analyst Skills
Data governance analysts need the following skills in order to be successful:
Data management: Data governance analysts often work with data management teams to ensure that data is secure and accessible when needed. They may also be responsible for creating data management plans, which outline how data is created, stored, accessed and disposed of.
Communication: Data governance analysts often communicate with other members of an organization to explain the importance of data governance and how it can help the company. They also communicate with other departments to ensure they understand the data governance strategy and how it can benefit the company.
Critical thinking: Critical thinking is the ability to analyze a situation and make a decision based on the information you have. As a data governance analyst, you may be responsible for making decisions about how to handle data that doesnt fit into the companys data model. For example, if a data model is designed to include only data from customers who live in the United States, but a new data source comes in from a customer who lives in Canada, you may need to decide whether to include the Canadian data in the model or leave it out. Your critical thinking skills can help you make the best decision for the company.
Data Job Of The Day: Data Governance Analyst
by Angela Guess
Walgreens is looking for a Data Governance Analyst in Deerfield, IL. According to the job post, As a Data Governance Analyst, youll be responsible for playing a key role in the development and implementation of the long-term data governance strategy for the enterprise analyzing issues in the governance of enterprise data, including problem, opportunity and solution resolutions defines the definition and prioritization of data governance projects and manages projects and tasks to completion by collaborating with internal business owners, 3rd party vendors and clients develops and manages policies, processes, standards, and communication and coordination with Data Governance Council and Committee Members.
The position calls for a bachelors degree and at least 2 years of experience as a business analyst on information management projects and knowledge of information management tools such as data cleansing, data profiling, meta data management, master data/CDI, data modeling, business intelligence.
Experience For Avp Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Inform business teams of the behavior that is leading to quality issues and collaborate to raise the awareness of the impacts on the organization
- Basic level of proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Engage users across the organization holding them accountable for outputs of the tools and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions
- Creates enterprise policies, guidelines and processes for governing data and metadata across the organization
- Documents and maintains data governance activities, maintains logs, and records issues and corresponding resolutions
Don’t Miss: How To Bid On A Federal Government Contract
Work Experience In Your Data Governance Analyst Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your data governance analyst resume. Its the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.This section, however, is not just a list of your previous data governance analyst responsibilities. It’s meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular data governance analyst position you’re applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Data Governance Analyst resume experience can include:
- Provides enforcement of the enterprise data governance policy and standards for compliance and integrity in the consumption, manipulation, and maintenance of data
- Accomplished meeting facilitator with strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with employees from across the company
- Understanding of a Business-Technology function, based on prior experience working across Business and IT areas
- Utilize Macro to micro project management skills, balancing both the big-picture and the details of multiple projects
- Experience working in BOM, material planning, supplier setup, customer setup or related area
Skills For Information Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Tracking, prioritisation and reporting of data protection issues to management and Data Protection Office
- Understanding and previous experience with data integration tools such as Informatica Powercenter, Informatica Cloud Services, Mulesoft, Talend or Attunity
- Experience capturing requirements, recommending, planning for and monitoring data cleansing activities
- Some experience of managing risks – assessing, understanding and testing to expose and evaluate risk
- Experience and / or familiarity with the following: enterprise reporting tools, RDBMS solutions, ERP solutions, data modeling concepts, SQL querying
Don’t Miss: Solar Panels For Your Home Government Incentives
Skills For Senior Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts, including communication and culture change
- Strong networking & influencing skills
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and reporting skills, with a high level accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Strong process facilitation, project management, analytical and problem solving skills, self-starter and motivator
- Demonstrated history of working with various groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively achieve results
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to drive consensus, and bring issues to closure
- Strong problem solving-skills
Responsibilities For Data Governance Analyst Senior Resume
- Professional experience in related positions working with data, integrations or databases
- Build, monitor, and publish effective scorecards to increase visibility & accountability over meta-data and sourcing risks, issues, and impacts
- Good at writing test scenarios, UAT, and verify results with end users as per business requirements
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures
- Relational database reporting experience
- Experience communicating with large / small groups of peers
- Experience working in an organization with established data governance structure and procedures
Senior Data Governance Analyst
Guardian Media Group is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and the Guardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Governance Analyst to lead and embed data governance tools and processes that enables us to manage, structure and use our data across the organisation.
This is a pivotal role that will see you working across GMG, growing the value of our data to ensure we deliver the data governance solutions thats needed to achieve our goals.
About The Role
- Experience working in a Data Governance capacity
- Experience implementing and embedding a Data Catalogue e.g. Alation, Collibra, OvalEdge
- Experience handling multiple projects and priorities, managing timescales and delivery across a virtual, technical, cross-functional team
- Advanced business analysis skills, including the ability to understand the business concepts , to define business requirements , and to propose solutions.
- Experience with Data Quality Tools and data analysis experience, e.g., using SQL and Tableau
You can see the full job description here.
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
What Is Data Analysis
The process of cleaning, analysing, interpreting, and displaying data using different approaches and business intelligence tools is known as data analysis. Data analysis tools assist you in uncovering key insights that lead to better informed and successful decision-making. It is concerned with the transformation of raw data into meaningful statistics, information, and explanations.
Build your career in Data Analytics with our Data Analyst Master’s Program! Cover core topics and important concepts to help you get started the right way!
Recommended Reading: How Much Money Does The Government Take From Your Paycheck
What Does A Data Governance Analyst Do
Data analysts research and use data to solve problems, optimize profit, minimize turnover, or streamline logistics, and to help companies make better business decisions. They assess a companys complex information including sales numbers, market research, or behavior, with the goal of reaching simpler, smarter conclusions, and use their technical expertise to stress test the data for quality and accuracy.Data analysts collect, process, and perform statistical analysis of data and translate the numbers into a layman’s terms. By identifying trends and making predictions about the future, they help companies make sense of how they work. Data analysts regulate, normalize, and calibrate data to extract that can be used alone or with other numbers and use charts, graphs, tables, and graphics to explain what the data mean across specific amounts of time or various departments. Data analysts need a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or computer science.
What responsibilities are common for Data Governance Analyst jobs?
- Support and partner with teams across the enterprise.
- Support and contribute to data collection efforts, as needed.
- Verify data quality to ensure accurate analysis and reporting.
- Help identify the business data needed to produce the most useful insights and future analytics.
- Utilize data to make actionable recommendations at all levels.
- Develop and execute a regional business plan aligning with program goals.
Skills For Lead Modernization Data Governance Analyst Resume
- BI and visualization experience- of creating dashboards for reporting and monitoring performance
- Experience in building new business processes and re-inventing existing ones to eliminate redundancies and inefficiencies
- Proven track record of understanding and working closely with business clients to understand their needs and translate them into requirements
- Engage with the divesting business to understand priority in exporting data elements to buyer environment
- Experience in data protection, data management, audit, risk management or related area including at least one of the following
- Experience with understanding and exposure to change management, quality assurance/integrity measures and compliance activities regarding data
- Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques is an asset
- Business Analyst experience
Read Also: Can I Get A Government Grant To Buy A House
Skills For Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and upper level management
- Have a technical and questioning mind-set and be comfortable using tools like Excel and willing to learn data analysis skills using tools such as SAS
- Experience in profiling, developing, testing and validating data related changes
- Experience in profiling, developing, testing, and validating data related changes
- Prior experience of leading an offshore team of 5 or more software and QA engineers in creating data monitoring, data integration and data governance solutions
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in dynamic and changing environment
- Proven experience leading implementation of best practices around data governance and data management
Responsibilities For Enterprise Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Work in a team environment and be a strong contributor
- Work simultaneously on multiple deliverables, prioritise, track actions and drive delivery in an efficient and proactive manner
- Partners to confirm that data stakeholders have been identified to ensure effective communications
- ) experience in the following
- Partner with key functional areas to ensure effective communication of Data Governance initiatives that support operational business needs
- Validate automated lineage and lineage tools/information
- Identify opportunities to augment operational effectiveness / efficiencies to support overall company objectives
- Data Analysis – Experience as data analyst in one of the following situations
- Experience in preparing oral and written reports
Recommended Reading: Class Action Lawsuit Against Federal Government
Senior Data Analyst Job Description Example/sample/template
Senior data analysts perform various functions, which primarily involves providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to solve business problems.
They are also responsible for providing leadership to junior analysts.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly constitute the senior data analyst job description are highlighted below:
Skills For Enterprise Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Experience with having primary responsibility for leading discussions, work streams, and small-scale data-related efforts
- Experience with programming languages, including Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and MS SQL
- Good standing in client facing activities
- Experience of creating and understanding data and process flows
- Strong understanding of data governance concepts, knowledge of data architecture concepts and data governance tooling
- Definitional & implementation experience with data domains, taxonomies, ontologies, profiling, and mapping
Recommended Reading: Government Jobs In Charlotte Nc
Jr Data Governance Analyst
The Junior Data Governance Analyst will work under the supervision of the Enterprise Data Manager to complete the initial build out of the data dictionary, data lineage, and other data governance artifacts. The analyst will also maintain changes to data asset definitions and participate in documenting the data assets for ongoing projects. The analyst will partner closely with data engineers and business partners to ensure complete understanding of the data assets being governed.
Preferred Skills :
- Basic SQL for querying the data structures and values in the fields.
- EXCEL for documenting the data assets in the templates
- Good communication skills Will be working directly with business and technical people.
Nice to Have Skills :
- Azure Data Factory for understanding data transformation logic
- Knowledge of data warehousing design principles
- Understanding of Data Governance
- Associates or Batchelor degree preferably in Computer Science / Data Science or related field
- Demonstrated experience in data governance or related activities
Skills For Business Process Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Demonstrable experience in executing data mapping discovery exercises within complex, federated data and system architecture
- Experience partnering with IT on implementation of meta-data, sourcing, controls, and tools with a complex data model
- Experience in conducting user analysis and targeted dissemination of information to audiences in different formats using a variety of communication channels
- Experience working with financial reporting systems
- Experience working in a regulatory environment, i.e. banking or financial markets
- Experience with regulatory reporting within a banking environment
- Experience in participating and running data management programs
Don’t Miss: Hp Federal Government Employee Discount
Skills For Aml Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Experience in the data analysis domain such as data profiling, cleansing, and quality check techniques
- Demonstrated track record of working with teams spread across different geographical locations
- Experience in leading business process analysis / optimization / redesign
- Experience implementing best practices around data governance and data management
- Experience creating RESTful web services for application integration
- Experience writing Java or Python code
- Microservices experience creating APIs for data access
- Broad experience in any of the 3 following areas – data analysis, data quality, data security, project management, vendor management, and quality management
- Collaborates with Data Governance leadership on prioritization and scheduling
Responsibilities For Aml Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Ensuring the quality, completeness, and accuracy of data entries
- Understanding of Data Governance concepts and/or audit
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Understanding in data governance, data system platforms, practices or data management policies
- Understanding of the business lines operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls –
- Understanding of the enterprise’s and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters
- Understanding of the role of data in an organization as it relates to business and technology
- Working knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles
- Working knowledge of Project Delivery tools such as MS Project, PlanView
You May Like: Government Vs Treasury Money Market Fund
Data Governance Analyst Trends
Here are three trends influencing how data governance analysts work. Data governance analysts will need to stay up-to-date on these developments to keep their skills relevant and maintain a competitive advantage in the workplace.
The Need for Data Governance Skills
The need for data governance skills is becoming increasingly important as businesses become more reliant on data-driven decision making. This trend is causing a demand for data governance analysts who can help to manage and protect company data.
Data governance analysts are responsible for ensuring that data is accurate, consistent, and secure. They also work with other members of the business to develop policies and procedures for handling data. By developing these skills, professionals can help to ensure that data is used in a way that is both ethical and legal.
More Focus on Security
As businesses continue to rely on data more and more, the need for data governance will grow. This means that data governance analysts will be in high demand, as they are responsible for ensuring that data is protected from unauthorized access.
In order to be successful in this field, data governance analysts will need to have a deep understanding of security protocols and how to implement them. They will also need to be able to communicate effectively with other members of the team, such as developers and product managers, in order to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
Greater Attention to Privacy Concerns
Senior Data Analyst Requirements Skills Knowledge And Abilities For Career Success
It is important to note that if you are seeking the senior data analyst role with any organization you will be required to meet certain specific requirements before you can qualify to access the job.
This is needed for recruiters to be sure that you will be able to effectively perform the obligations, purpose, and objectives of the senior data analyst role that you are seeking.
Shown below are major requirements you may have to meet to be considered for the senior data analyst job with most recruiters:
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the senior data analyst position in your organization, you can create a detailed and effective description of the job to inform prospective candidates of the duties they will perform if hired, by applying the sample job description above.
The information contained in this post is equally beneficial to individuals who are interested in the senior data analyst career to increase their knowledge of what the role entails.
Did this article help you learn what senior data analysts do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a senior data analyst.
Don’t Miss: At& t Government Internet Program